Site Sponsors

Thread: Mamiya ZD dSLR

Post Thanks / Like

Mamiya ZD dSLR

To help fund the Leica M9 and hopefully another M lens, the Mamiya ZD is being sold. The ZD is in mint conditions and performs perfectly. I've owned the camera for a year and purchased it from the original owner (he lived in France). The camera has ~5000 clicks on it.

The ZD comes with its box, original packaging, manuals (in english), software, cables, IR filter, original battery plus 2 extra batteries. I'm also including a RRS quick release plate specifically for the Mamiya 645AFD bodies and a Sandisk 16 GB Extreme III card (30 MB/sec). A couple pix of the ZD with the Canon 1Ds3 are included for a size reference.

Price is $4500 net to me. The 80mm D is not included, but can be for $600 more.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mamiya ZD dSLR

What an awesome camera! Wish I had the extra $$ to get into a d MF system. Bump for a unique camera! Good luck with your sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow John,
    Surprised to see you putting this beauty up for sale. The M9 must be a winner!
    Awesome product shots as usual and a sweet camera!
    Good luck with the sale man.

JayT

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to see you sell this; I have enjoyed seeing the photos you have made with it, and reading your 645 blog entries. Good luck with the sale.
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jay and Carsten. Carsten - if the ZD doesn't sell, then maybe the M system will get the boot. We'll see. Honestly, I could either way on the M9. If the M set-up was sold instead and the ZD stuck around for another year or so, I could live with that just as well. Or, if Zeiss gets their machines warmed up and the 50/2 and 100/2 Makro-Planars are announced in the next 2-3 months, I may go back to shooting the 1Ds3 exclusively and sell the M and ZD. Making the choices is difficult because emotionally I like the ZD and M8 more than the 1Ds3, but the 1Ds3 sees more use. So while the choice are difficult, the good new is - there are lots of choices and I'd probably equally happy with any of them, just in different ways since each camera has its niche.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh, no, no, sell the Mamiya!

You do buy and sell a lot. Is it an option to keep and save for longer?
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add, if someone has a LNIB M8.2 Black that they'd like to trade towards the ZD, I'd consider that as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Carsten - the problem is, it's been alot of buying lately, and not alot selling! LOL Joking aside, one system has to go. I might even take things a step further and downsize to one system. With the Zeiss ZE's starting to ship, hopefully we'll see the 50/2 and 100/2 at PMA. If / when that happens, I'm not even sure if I'll care about the M that much anymore. I have serious tunnel vision when it comes to the ZE's. I've shot with the ZF's, so I know the performance is there - it's just a matter of Zeiss producing them in the ZE mount.

Post Thanks / Like

The ZD camera has been sold on Ebay. 80mm "D" lens is still available and is currently on Ebay - Mamiya 645AF 80mm F2.8 "D" - Like New in Box