The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Nikon F6, mint.

Stuart Richardson

For sale is a mint Nikon F6. I have shot two, count 'em, two rolls with this camera. I bought it used from someone who apparently did not use it either. Rarely do I describe a camera as mint -- this camera looks like it was taken out of the box, used once, and then put back in. It is a great camera which I bought as a backup to my D3, but whenever I shoot 35mm film, I go for a Leica. So for me, it does not make sense to keep this camera, which is considered by most to be the most advanced 35mm SLR of all time. It is rather remarkable -- the focus is instantaneous, it is quiet, compact for its features, has matrix metering, 5fps, shooting info printed between the frames, and many other features. Basically, if you want to shoot 35mm film in an SLR, there is no more complete camera.
But for me, I go first for a hasselblad or Mamiya 7, then for a Leica, and then for the F6. Since I have to keep raising cash for the printing lab I am building, the F6 has to go.

I have it here with me in Iceland, and I am asking 1500 dollars plus paypal and shipping fees. Express postal mail here is around 40 dollars to the US and should take 3-5 business days. At the moment, I just have the camera and cap, but I have the box and original strap at home in the US. When I visit my family over Christmas, I would be happy to send you the box at my expense.

By the way, I believe this is a US model, but I can no longer remember. I am happy to provide you with the serial number if that will help you verify.

I think 1500 dollars is fair given what they are going for on ebay. And you get to buy it from me, and I am very trustworthy! Ask anyone here.
Basic, non-artistic pictures taken in 2 minutes.