The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

All my Canon gear going!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here's the list. Everything is in excellent- to Like New condition. I hand-picked all of these lenses and they are all among the best peforming Canon Lenses I have used. I will get prices up soon, but feel free to make offers on any or all.

5D body with L bracket, grid screen and normal screen plus 3 batteries. THis was my back-up body and has hardly been used, less than 1000 clicks: $1800

16-35 Zoom, first version, very sharp copy: $1000

100-400 IS Zoom, a very good copy: $1100

50/1.4 #1, average copy: $250

200/2.8, LN and sharp: $550

45 TSE, LN very low CA, sharp copy: $925

Canon 2x TC: $225

Canon TC timer remote: $50

Canon off-shoe flash cord: $25

Canon 220 EX (small) flash: $75

Oh, and a well-used Canon EOS 1N RS> This is the film body that has the pellicle mirror in it and will capture at 11 frames per second with film: $475

Thanks,

jlm

Workshop Member
i just put a few canon accessories on FM and they sold in five minutes! (ST-E2 and angle finder C); last week the 90TS and 24TS sold in three days.

D

dik6254

Here's the list. Everything is in excellent- to Like New condition. I hand-picked all of these lenses and they are all among the best peforming Canon Lenses I have used. I will get prices up soon, but feel free to make offers on any or all.

5D body with L bracket, grid screen and normal screen plus 3 batteries:

16-35 Zoom, first version, very sharp copy:

100-400 Zoom, a very good copy:

28/1.8, sharp as this lens comes:

50/1.4 #1, average copy:

50/1.4, #2, very sharp copy:

85/1.8, sharp:

200/2.8, LN and sharp:

24 TSE, LN very little CA and very sharp:

45 TSE, LN very low CA, sharp copy:

90 TSE, superb:

Canon 2x TC:

Canon 58mm 500D close up:

Canon TC timer remote:

Canon off-shoe flash cord:

Canon 220 EX (small) flash:

Oh, and a well-used Canon EOS 1N RS> This is the film body that has the pellicle mirror in it and will capture at 11 frames per second with film:

Thanks,
Hi, What do you want for the 85mm 1.8

David

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
It ought to be so, well if it weren't so I would be shocked.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Actually I am NOT going Nikon. I am going MF. For what I shoot now, it's all about file quality, so the best combo for me is the Leica M and a MF system.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I need three systems. M8, Nikon and MF . Anyone want to send me a ski mask , nearby bank needs a visit. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

dseelig

For me it is leica m for personal work some newspaper work, canons for the rest. I shoot pro football because of the 1.26 crop the is mk 111 are perfect no need for a 600 lens just a 400 and a 70 200 zoom. I hate to say this but the files I shot with the d3 at 6400 I did not like, the shadows were terrible. I like the 1d mk 111 at 3200 . I also like the the 1ds mk 111 I use it for concerts and landscapes and magazine work, okay I live in many worlds photographic. It is all about getting the best image for the work you do. I dream of a medium format but do not have the clients to make it work. Good luck with your sales Jack. Sorry you do not have a 16-35 series 11. David

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yes that MF stuff is looking interesting.
Which system is catching your eye?
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Good luck with your sales Jack. Sorry you do not have a 16-35 series 11. David
FWIW, I tested 3 series II 16-35's and this series I is sharper than any of those at 16mm through about 28mm using f4 and up, but worse at 35mm and/or f2.8... All depends on what you want/need it for I think...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes that MF stuff is looking interesting.
Which system is catching your eye?
-bob
Hi Bob:

Right now I'm taking baby steps and going with a Mamiya 645 AFD-II and a ZD back. The ZD uses the 22 MP Dalsa chip, same as Leaf 22. But the rear screen is small and dim, the back is slow to write and shows noise above ISO 200. The Leaf 22 or 75 (33 MP) are superior, but also more costly. The big upside is file quality: even the "lowly" ZD back produces files of far better quality than any DSLR.

The ups and downs of the Mamiya system are:

Pros: relatively inexpensive; focal plane shutter so speeds up to 1/4000th --- can shoot daylight with fast glass wide open; can mount any number of aftermarket/3rd party glass like Hassy F or V lenses; there are lots of Mamiya glass available at reasonable costs, both older MF as well as AF, and less costly because no internal shutter in lens; also lenses without shutters tend to be faster than ones with internal shutter, ie Planar 110 f2.0; lighter weight of body and lenses.

Cons: Plasticy build quality; permanently attached 90* finder; slower flash synch of 1/60 or 1/125th (can't remember); and many of the Mamiya lenses are not quite up to optical quality of Zeiss or Fuji/Hassy (however many are); did I mention build quality?

The other upside is since Hassy went closed system with the H3D, Leaf and Phase now support Mamiya and Rollei pretty well, so more upgrade options down the road.

Cheers,

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
I keep finding the H3D web page coming up on my screen.
I am getting very very afraid.:bugeyes:
-bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Bob: This is waaaay off topic, but I've been trying for months now to figure out what is going on in your avatar. My top three guesses are:

1: pruning the hedges outside your bank;

2: touching your rather large clown-feet toes by bringing your feet up instead of bending your body down (again, outside your bank); or

3: inserting your hands into a pair of old fashioned stocks somewhere in a Massachusets tourist town.

Am I even close?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Nope,
Here is a shot of my wife, Cynthia going off to Hogwarts for a refresher on spells and potions.
-bob