The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Selling all my Sony stuff.

ryc

The reason I went for the Sony was for the AF Zeiss lenses. however, I only have 3 of them, 85, 135 and the 16-35. I thought that by now there would be other choices but unfortunately not. I love the 85 and 135 but am not thrilled with the 16-35. I may end up with Canon or Nikon using the manual focus Zeiss glass including the new 21! Will have to wait and see. If Sony reads any of this, they can basically say they are losing a customer because of the lack of Zeiss primes. I think the A900 is an awesome camera but I need more glass HIGH QUALITY glass.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jorge,

Good luck with the sale. I guess you might be coming back over to the dark side again. :ROTFL:

Btw, for anyone looking at the this Sony listing and doesn't know Jorge, I've bought from (and met) Jorge and he's a straight shooter.

ryc

Thanks guys. I have forgotten how much stuff I own and sell. When you are not a professional its just a consumer game :)

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Jorge; I must ask: what are you moving to now?

I have followed your enthusiasms for years now! Warm regards, KL

ryc

Kit,

Long time no hear from.

Since I am not a professional but rather an enthusiast, I really have no brand loyalty. Except when it comes to glass. I tend to follow the glass :) I have been eying the new Zeiss glass coming out for Canon and it looks very impressive. I like the electronics and adjustment of aperture ring via camera controls. However, I also like the Sony and the image quality. Having said that, let me complicate things more. I love the Nikon bodies :)

So here is my dilemma. In my opinion, Nikon bodies are the best, Canon offer good glass via the new ZE line of Zeiss, and Sony offer the best file from any dslr. These are just my opinions so I am not starting a brand war here. Having said that I would love to morph all 3 :) But I can only jump from one to one and play with them.

In the end, If the Sony does not sell in the next week, I will remove it from the classifieds and be happy with what I have.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello Jorge,

Totally understand that.

For me, last week I was on the verge of getting back into at least one pro Canon body—just for the new 17 TS-E (the one that has the tilt axis independently adjustable from the shift one). But then there's the processing issues and color consistency across Nikon and Canon shot together.

In the end I stayed with the two Nikon bodies I use, but that 17 sure is a step up for Canon. Good luck.

Eoin

Did you not play with the Zeiss ZS 25 f:/2.8, 35 f:/2 or 50 f:/1.4?. All M42 mount with an adapter to tide you over until Sony release new ZA Zeiss.

Anyhow, best of luck with your sale,

ryc

Well, I have an F6 now and will be getting a d3x or d700xxxx? with the Zeiss 2nd generation lenses. At least that is the plan for now.

ryc

85 and 50 are sold!

A900 still available. mint, less than 2k clicks. USA with box and papers.

M

MrDan

Do you still have the 35? Is it the sony 35 1.4? Drop me a pm if you still have for sale