Site Sponsors

Thread: 50mm f1.0 Noctilux – Like New in the Box + Leica 60mm UV/IR Filter + B&W 60mm Filter

Mango

50mm f1.0 Noctilux – Like New in the Box + Leica 60mm UV/IR Filter + B&W 60mm Filter

Leica M – 50mm f1.0 Noctilux – Like New in the Box + Leica 60mm UV/IR filter + B&W 60mm UV filter

Condition:
    - The lens is in Like New condition.
    - Flawless glass and perfect lens body.
    - No wear at all.
    - No marks of any kind.

Special Note:
    - Lens is NOT 6-bit coded.
    - This is the E60 Version, before the one with the built-in hood.
    - Made in Canada.
    - Works well on my M8s, no focus issues whatsoever.

Price:
    - $5,000

Comes With:
    - Leica Front Cap
    - Leica Rear Cap
    - Leica 12544 Dedicated Hood (flawless condition)
    - Original box
    - Leica 60mm UV/IR Filter
    - B&W 60mm UV Filter

Terms of Sale:
    - Shipping (with full insurance) not included in price of gear. Shipping calculated based on buyer’s location and added to final cost.
    - Payment by most means: cash, personal check (wait to clear), money order or bank check. Paypal accepted, please add 3% to cost.

Contact Information:

PhotAmateur [at] aol [dot] com

I have many references. Perfect (100%) e*ay record: ID = Sector262.

Thanks for looking!

Pictures Here:
    http://photo.net/gc/view-one?classified_ad_id=1031430

Mango

Re: 50mm f1.0 Noctilux – Like New in the Box + Leica 60mm UV/IR Filter + B&W 60mm Fil

Mango

Re: 50mm f1.0 Noctilux – Like New in the Box + Leica 60mm UV/IR Filter + B&W 60mm Fil

Finally figured out how to put a picture. Please note that the UV/IR filter and the UV filter are included.

oleg C

Does it mean no focus shift @ f1-f2-f4? thanks..

Mango

Quote Originally Posted by oleg C View Post
    Does it mean no focus shift @ f1-f2-f4? thanks..
    Correct. No focus shift.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi - is this lens still available?

Mango

Quote Originally Posted by marcyf64 View Post
    Hi - is this lens still available?
    Yes, it's still available.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you have any ebay references for the last year?

Mango

Quote Originally Posted by esy0345 View Post
    Why don't you have any ebay references for the last year?
    I quit buying from eBay over a year ago, it has started to get full of scammers, a lawless region. The hassle factor increased, and I got tired of dealing with them.

I buy and sell gear on GetDPI and other photo sites, it's a better experience.

If you need references, email me directly.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I am interested in the Noctilux (in a few weeks if it is still available.)

Mango

Quote Originally Posted by esy0345 View Post
    Thanks. I am interested in the Noctilux (in a few weeks if it is still available.)
    Whenever you like, just send me an email at:

PhotAmateur [at] aol [dot] com

Best wishes!

leicamad

It's not 6-bit coded, but still can be used in a M8?

Mango

Quote Originally Posted by leicamad View Post
    It's not 6-bit coded, but still can be used in a M8?
    Definitely. That's the only camera I have used to test the lens, and it works perfectly on both my M8s. No focusing issues, and smooth operation.

The coding is needed for focal lengths of 35mm or wider. The 50mm and longer focal lengths are fine without the coding. This has been confirmed in many photo discussion sites, so no need to worry about it.

leicamad

Thanks for clarify that.
    But is there any big difference with or without a 6-bit coded?

Mango

(1) For wide angle lenses, when shooting color, the 6-bit coding corrects for the colors not reaching the sensor at the same angle due to diffraction. In other words, the image might not have all the colors of the spectrum reach the same point on the sensor from the same point on the object. This is due to the light having to travel at an angle through the glass. The in-camera software applies the correction. I'm not a physicist, so I hope someone can correct any errors in my explanation.

(2) 6-bit coding has no impact on black and white photography.

(3) 6-bit coding enables the camera to record the lens that is being used, for EXIF purposes. This does not impact the image, but is just for identification of the lens.

(4) Lenses of 50mm and longer don't need 6-bit coding, but Leica keeps marketing the need for it. The physics is not there to prove their point. I guess it's a money-maker for them.

(5) I use a $5 Bo Coder for my wide angle lenses, and have never had a problem:

http://bophoto.typepad.com/bophoto/2...-m-lenses.html

Here are the codes for M lenses:

http://whimster-photography.com/leic...des/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

Mango is correct. Coding is not necessary for a 50mm lens.
    Leica M8, M9 & Lens Reviews!
    http://www.stevehuffphoto.com

Superdan138

Gorgeous lens....what year was this made in? Its Leitz...which is pre Leica?

-Daniel

Mango

Sold, thank you.