The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Noctilux 50/0.95

S

Siulonbow

Hi,

I am selling a brand new Leica Noctilux 50/0.95. I owned it for about 3 days and have not even mount it on my M8. The reason I am selling it is because I need fundings to buy a M9 that is available at my local camera shop. I have more photos, please send me a message if you are interested in the lens. I am looking to sell the item for $8950 excluding shipping. I will only ship to a confirm address and would prefer local pickup in LA, CA. Thanks

M

Mango

I'm trying to make sense of it all, so please help me understand:
1. You paid $10,000 plus tax for this lens. So let's say $10,700.
2. Three days later you decide to sell it for a loss of almost $2,000 to raise money to buy a M9.
3. You can easily return this to the dealer for a full refund. I'm sure any legitimate Leica dealer would welcome this lens back, as there is a waiting list for the 50mm 0.95 lens.

Am I missing something?

Sorry if I appear rude, I'm just trying to figure out if I can help you in any way to raise as much cash as you can, before someone sweeps in and gets an unfair (to you) bargain.

francishmt

I'd say find a well known photographer or member on this board to see the lens in person would help as well.... it's an expensive lens after all, and you are a brand new member..... It just gives people more comfort.

S

Siulonbow

Hi,

I got a discount on this lens and this is the price I purchase for. If I return the lens, I will have to pay for the shipping cost; hence, I try not to lose anymore money. Also, I didn't pay need to pay tax because I bought this out of state. Sorry for not being more clear in my description.

Francishmt: I am fine showing your friend or a member on this board with my lens because my lens is valid and am not trying scam anyone. If you can get your friend to take a look at it tomorrow by noon, please let me know.