Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FS Aptus 75 S with camera and Extras

DougDolde

Re: FS Aptus 75 S with camera and Extras

Well Jim that image speaks volumes about the quality of the Aptus with a digital lens. I can only imaging what it must look like at full size. I have seen the samples on Leafs website and they are awesome.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Last chance before I put this on ebay... I really would rather not have to deal with that. This back is available with or without the Contax kit and I am open to reasonable offers.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    Marc,
    The only digital back in the world that can be used on the Hasselblad 200 series cameras is the Sinar Digital Back via a very small cable from the digital back to the shutter sync on the right side of the camera. Phase One back and other back can be used on the 200 series but they need a double cable release such as the Kapture Group. However, this cable is huge and it is not sensible to shoot via hand held. On the other hand, the Sinar cable is very small and allow you to use the Hasselblad 200 series cameras handheld. The cable is also universal for all medium format cameras (Mamiya 645 AF, M645, Contax 645 and etc.) when used on the Sinar back. I also discovered that the adapter is very precise with the Sinar system. Up to date, the Hasselblad V is still the smallest and yet brightest 6x6 system when manual focus. I put both the Rollei 2.0/110 on the Rollei 6008 AF with their high definition bright screen and the Hasselblad 2.0/110 on the 205 TCC and the 205 TCC was so bright and yet crisp when in focus. It is due to this bright screen, I have designed an auto bellows system for the Contax 645 and now the Hasselblad 200 series camera to do high magnification micro/macro-photography applications. The only reason you own so much of these Hasselblad lens and your 203 FE is due to the incredible optics the 200 series has to offer.

-Son
    Son, please forgive continued questions regarding my 203FE, but I need to clarify a few very important points.

Yes, I agree, the 200 series and it's lenses still stand apart from almost anything out there even years later. Looking through the viewfinder is a revelation concerning clarity and ease of focusing, and the optics are a standard still unsurpassed to this day.

However, I cannot find any information on the Sinar web site that confirms your statement that a Sinar back will work on this camera. Specifically, the Sinar eMotion 75.

The technical specifications for the eMotion75 clearly lists the Hasselblad V 500 series, but not the 200 series.

Is the Sinar back you are using on your 200 series one of the tethered ones without the a LCD or ability to use a CF card? Like the Sinarback 54 or eVolution 75H? The technical specifications for these backs simply list Hasselblad V without distinction as to 500 or 200 series.

Any clarification by anyone, including any Sinar rep, would be most appreciated.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Doug,
    My sincere apologies for not getting around to this sooner. Here are a few I just took.
    Man David, these shots aren't doing this 20K+ "killer-diller-thriller-chiller" kit any favors. Maybe I should to give a seminar/tutorial on sexy product photography ... LOL !

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc... you are being kind, those photos suck. Just felt bad about not getting to them. Lesson learned and if you decide to do that seminar sign me up Anyway, kit is now on ebay, here's the link...

http://tinyurl.com/5z5ujj

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Marc... you are being kind, those photos suck. Just felt bad about not getting to them. Lesson learned and if you decide to do that seminar sign me up Anyway, kit is now on ebay, here's the link...

http://tinyurl.com/5z5ujj
    David, did this sell?

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc,

The auction ended without any bids (over 500 views and 30 plus watchers, so it certainly generated interest). Two interested parties who followed the auction have contacted me about the back, one of whom said he's going to be making a deposit on it shortly. The other is a highly regarded NYC fashion photographer. I should know if the back is sold in a few days from now.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good luck David , nice rig too
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Guy... but the original buyer flaked out after stringing me along for three days saying he was sending a deposit. This is what you get from ebay. In any event, I've emailed the backup party who expressed an interest but if someone here wants it for the $19k I agreed to take, it's available. Heck of a deal if I do say so myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Damn if i only had the money. I would like that back for sure and so would Jack. Someone should buy it. Too nice a rig. BTW i HATE e-bay anymore. The fee's are through the roof and many times too much headaches. I like this private B&S at least people know each other in most cases and just easier all around.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ditto the hate of eBay --- too many flakes. Sorry to hear about your sale David. IF it was an AFD back, I would definitely be interested There are a few C645 users here, so I should think one would jump on this.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As Shakespeare said... "All is well that ends well..." Looks like my back has been sold to one of our well regarded forum members. I'll leave it to him to disclose his identity if he wishes. Thanks to all that inquired and for the many supportive posts and emails. Good news is that we will still be able to see images from this wonderful back and my new Sinar kit as well. I'm putting the money I saved on ebay fees towards the next workshop in San Juan

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Now you are talking . David let Jack know as well as others. We need to get 8 people signed up quickly here or we cannot go.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Roger said he'd like to go. He's off in Rome I believe but will be back in time for the workshop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Roger is going he sent me a e-mail.