The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Aptus 75 S with camera and Extras

David K

Workshop Member
I have decided to sell my beloved Aptus 75 S, Contax mount, together with a Contax body, prism finder and 80mm lens. The back has less had less than 2k images taken and is in mint condition. Comes with boxes, cables, etc. as if purchased new as well as with a NIB 30 GB Leaf Portable Pack which I purchased from Andre Napier a while back but never got around to using. Asking $23,500 for this package but will reduce the price if the purchaser does not want the camera. Reason for selling is that I am moving to the Sinar Hy6 kit which will allow me to use both my Contax and RZ cameras... something I was unable to do with the Aptus 75S. I am located in Jupiter, Florida where the back is available for inspection and local pickup.

David

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Someone restrain me quick. Take a trade on my Lexus . ROTFLMAO

Good luck my friend. You know this one is just freaking killing me

gogopix

Subscriber
I... Reason for selling is that I am moving to the Sinar Hy6 kit which will allow me to use both my Contax and RZ cameras... something I was unable to do with the Aptus 75S. I am located in Jupiter, Florida where the back is available for inspection and local pickup.

David
David
Do I understand that the Sinar can be adapted to the Contax body (and lenses) as well as RZ?

What about Contax and Mamiya? or Contax and Hasselblad V?

Victor

PSon

Dear Victor,
The Sinar back can be mount on anything that shoot so yes to your question.

One of the thing that I am impressed most with David's Aptus 75s is that it is a great copy. In addition, the back has the Contax 645 interphase. Like you Victor, once you use the Contax 645 camera system and lens it is difficult to move to any other system.

-Son

gogopix

Subscriber
Per Son's remark, David, I am confused what the Hy6 Sinar gets you
can't use Contax on it, can you? (As contax 645 is AF, there is no way to adapt without fooling the stop down.)

So, what's the attraction? Rollei glass?

Victor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
can't use Contax on it, can you? (As contax 645 is AF, there is no way to adapt without fooling the stop down.)

Victor
The new Rollei body is: 1) an ergonomic dream to hold -- handle pivots to suit whichever finder you have mounted; 2) you can use a WL or 45 or 90; 3) the glass is awesome; 4) the back rotates . 4 coupled with 2 is a dream in use for portraits/people especially with the WL finder :thumbs:

Don't get me wrong, the Contax is also a great camera, but it is: 1) an older design and 2) discontinued...

And here I sit suffering with my lowly Mamiya 645 with a ZD back...

Cheers,

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
What is the going price on the Black Market for a kidney? :D
(what? I have a spare :p) :LOL:

Best Wishes on the sale.

PSon

The route I see it is owning the Sinar back will accomodate you to any system you desire. Here is what I like and have or will have:

1. Sinar Hy6 + Sinar Back
2. Contax 645 + Same Sinar Back
3. Hasselblad 200 series + Sinar Back

and anything else you want but for me these are the two system. If you love the Hasselblad F or FE lens like I do add the third system with minimum. If you get the chance to use the Contax 645 system you will love the ergnomic, best mirror vibration control, incredible optics and extremely light and compact.

-Son

PSon

Victor,
The Rollei lens reminded me a lot of my Leica R lens with superior built which is hard to imagine but true. Here is an example of my Rollei lens on the P20.

-Son

David K

Workshop Member
Victor
Victor,
Either you are misreading Son's remarks or I am not understanding your question. I will continue to use the Contax 645 with the Sinar back same as I have been doing with the Leaf with the added advantage (for me) of being able to use my Mamiya RZ kit via an additional adapter. Perhaps you are thinking that the referenced adapters are for lenses... they are not, they are for the back/camera... so I will continue to shoot with the same (Contax) body... not the Contax/Zeiss glass on the Hy6 body. Similarly for the Mamiya RZ... and of course for the Hy6 body with Rollei glass. I have been very happy with my Leaf system, no complaints whatsoever other than the very steep price price to upgrade with Leaf's trade in program. The Leaf AFi offers the same flexibility... just got a much better deal on the Sinar.

David

David K

Workshop Member
What is the going price on the Black Market for a kidney? :D
(what? I have a spare :p) :LOL:
Best Wishes on the sale.
One kidney gets you the back but no body or lenses :) Thanks for the good wishes.

I really do need to sell this in order to afford the new kit so don't be afraid to make me an offer.

PSon

Victor,
You can use the Sinar digital back on the Contax 645 like you would with your Phase One P45+. The Sinar back allow you to change the interphase among the cameras of your choices. What I love about the Sinar back is that on the square format camera you can simply rotate the current rectangular digital back in portrait or landscape mode. In doing so I do not need the square sensor immediately. Guy is right on the money when he speaks about the rectangular sensor. Even if a square sensor do come out most of your image will have to be crop to rectangular so you do not gain much for the investment. The value of the square format sensor is the fisheye lens. The image above is from the fisheye lens.
Best regards,
-Son

gogopix

Subscriber
OK, David, Son

IFFFF I got the Hy6 with the sinar back, I could also get an adapter for the back for the Contax 645 and open up all the possibilities?

Yes, (yes, yes??)

Victor

PS will the sinar rotate with the contax adapter?

Graham, still here? You have the Hy6 sinar, yes? how goes it?

Hy6 can take the Rollei 6xxx non AF lenses too? and adapter for the hassey? (I guess so the hassey has a registration distance half a mile lomg LOL)

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Victor,
The answer to your first question is Yes, you will use it the same as you do with your current back. I asked Son the same question about rotating back with Contax and the answer to that is No... rotating backs are not applicable with the 645 format. They are with 6x6 or larger (Mamiya RZ). Rotating the back is a big plus for me because I like to use the WLF, which is confusing enough when you're looking straight down at it... turned on it's side it's waaay to confusing. When using the Contax in portrait mode I always switch to the prism finder.

Jack, Guy...
If you want to move this whole thread to the MF forum, it's fine with me. I can always post a fresh thread on this forum. It would be nice to have Thierry chime in to make sure the info is correct.

PeterA

Victor - a simple answer to your simple question.

A sinar digi back is mounted to camera bodies via adaptors. Other manufacturers make teh adaptors fixed devices - ie you have to send teh whole digi back to tehm for them to change teh adaptor ( read mount) to suit a prticular camera body.

Sinar has a unique value proposition in that you can buy adaptors to suit most any MF body etc..and CHANGE THEM YOURSELF

These adaptors - actually mounting plates is a better word are not cheap - but represent a fantastic bonus to those photographers who use multi platforms - so eg you can use yoru Contax and your Hasselblad h1 or V or mamiya or all of them - as long as you have purchased the various plates - which take a couple of minutes to change/swap to suit.

Hope this helps
Pete

PSon

Peter,
Thanks for portraying this information better than I have and hopefully Victor is cleared.
Best Regards,
-Son

BTW hope you are completely healed

PeterA

Son,

apologies for my bad spelling though!

I am able to walk now and in a few weeks may commence exercising. Thank you for your concern.

I am still angry with Sinar backs though- because they have very poor software compared to competition and a very poor LCD. In my mind though - the swappable adaptor plate strategy they have adopted is the single best differentiating device - Sinar is still at tempting proposition because of this.

Regarding the Hy6 - it is a very nice body, I dindt find the body any better in use than the H1. Regarding the lenses - I have used all MF lenses by all manufacturers - and they are ALL very very good. I still believe though that my Fuji/blad lenses give me the Leica contrasty look my eye prefers in MF guise I love it.

Shot against green foliage background - shows hese lenses bokeh at their worst - just like Leica ( and everyone else) :)