The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm Summicron ASPH 6-bit Coded

peterm1

Hello. I am reluctantly selling my 35mm Summicron but I am moving to some cheaper lenses to fund some Nikon glass for my D700 (if anyone has a Nikon PC-E lens they want to trade let me know).

Anyway, this is a fantastic lens which I bought very recently from Popflash on eBay, and I have barely used it (it was unused when I bought it). I am selling it for $2000 shipped to the CONUS only, and I will cover Paypal fees (although I would prefer a check or money order if possible). I have loads of positive feedback on Fred Miranda (user name is Petermendelson) and on eBay (user name is Petermax123). Feel free to PM me or better yet email me at petermaxmendelson at mac.com.

Here is a link to Popflash's listing for this very lens:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170382089981#ht_594wt_1167

Popflash is currently selling this lens for $2597: http://www.popflash.com/index.php?p=product&id=3001&parent=30

I can email photos taken with this lens on my M8 if anyone is interested.

Thanks for looking,

Peter

Last edited:

peterm1

I'm not sure how to edit the original post, but I will now include either a FREE 39mm B+W UV/IR filter to go with this lens if you are using the M8, or I will knock $75 off the price (so the price would be $1925).

Thanks,

Peter

peterm1

It looks like the ebay link I posted didn't work. Anyway, I am now selling the lens for only $1900 shipped to the CONUS only, including a FREE UV/IR filter! Payment is via check, money order or Paypal personal transfer.

I am happy to email photos of the lens, etc. Check my feedback on Fred Miranda.

Here is how Popflash described the lens in its listing (note the warranty as well):

LEICA 35MM F2.0 SUMMICRON ASPH BLACK W/6BIT CODING USED MINT!

NEVER BEEN MOUNTED ON A CAMERA. ESTATE SALE!

2 YEAR WARRANTY THROUGH LEICA GERMANY

The 35mm f/2 Summicron-M Aspherical is an all new computation utilizing aspheric lens surface technology for this long popular Leica 35mm M lens. Excellent sharpness and contrast rendition and high resolving power are the benefits of this new computation. This lens has outstanding imaging performance across the entire focusing range. Its versatility and all-around performance makes this a world class lens in the high-speed wide-angle category. Equipped with the 35mm f/2 Summicron-M Aspherical lens, the Leica M becomes an elegant compact camera. This lens is also available in a silver chrome plated version.

Key Features:
High quality, fast, compact and lightweight
Filter Size 39mm
f-Stop Range 2.0-16
Minimum Focus Distance 2.3'
Angle of View 64 Degrees
Groups/Elements 5/7
Length 1.4"
Max. Diameter 2.0"
Weight 0.80 lb