The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Pelican Soft Bag for Pro 1550 Case

John Black

Pelican Soft Bag for Pro 1550 Case
Excellent Condition, $65 Paypal'd and Shipped in the US

I have so many bags... so many. This bag was purchased from Glazers in Seattle around '03. The bag is configurable a million different ways and pockets, pouches, expandable pockets, dividers galore... It can carry Canon 1-Series and probably 5 or 6 lenses, flash, filters and gadgets. The bag is in excellent condition. There are no tears or scuffs. For more info bag, here is B&H's description. The lenses show below are there to help provide a sense of size. The lens are not included (DUH!), nor are they for sale.

bensonga

John,

It arrived today in perfect condition....absolutely like new. Thank you!

The matching Pelican 1550 case I ordered from B&H Photo should arrive on Wednesday.

Now the question is....where do I stash it? Trying to avoid the inevitable question from "She who must be obeyed"....i.e. "Why did you buy ANOTHER camera bag"???? :eek:

I'm sure I've got a good reason.....just give me a few days to come up with it.

Thanks again John! :D

Gary

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Happy to help :D I just hope that you didn't get your 1550 in yellow, white or orange though :shocked:

Btw, I used to have that bag/case combo myself - IIRC you'll need to remember that it will only fit with the end pouches empty. (It's been a while so I'm a bit hazy on that one).

stephengilbert

Easy: you put the soft bag in the hard case, and bury them in the yard alongside that old motorcycle frame you're planning to restore. :)

bensonga

Happy to help :D I just hope that you didn't get your 1550 in yellow, white or orange though :shocked:

Btw, I used to have that bag/case combo myself - IIRC you'll need to remember that it will only fit with the end pouches empty. (It's been a while so I'm a bit hazy on that one).
I've learned over the years to buy all my stuff (bags, cameras etc) in basic black. That way, any new item just sort of blends in with the rest of them. So as much as I wanted the safety orange case, I went with "Stealth Black". :thumbup:

Following up on Stephen's suggestion, since the Pelican case is waterproof.....I could bury it in the big snow bank at the end of my driveway. When Spring arrives, the snow melts and all of winter's detrius dredged up by the snow plows reveals itself, my line would be "Honey, look what the snow plows left for me!" :ROTFL:

Gary

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
:ROTFL::ROTFL: good luck with that one. I suspect that you'll get busted by the "honey, I've heard that one before" detector.

bensonga

:ROTFL::ROTFL: good luck with that one. I suspect that you'll get busted by the "honey, I've heard that one before" detector.
Graham,

If she's heard it before, it wasn't from me. :bugeyes:

Unfortunately, my wife is no dummy (aka "she's on to me"), so she will see right thru this crazy story.

Best I can hope for is a few bonus points for creativity. :eek:

Gary