The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Noctilux

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
FS Noctilux
This Noctilux was new in October, but I was traveling and didn't actually receive it till December. It has only been used a few times. I felt that it was backfocusing slightly on my M8, so I sent it to Don Goldberg at DAG Camera to be calibrated for the M8. Focus is now easy to achieve and right-on. This Noctilux is better than brand new now that Don has adjusted it. 6-bit coded for M8.
The body and glass are perfect. There are a few small scratches on the lens cover. All packaging, both caps, and the leather case are included. $4800.

Paypal e-check or money order. I will pay shipping. Regular paypal please add 3%.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Cindy Nice lens test ..you have a winner. Took me over a year to get my Noctilux calibrated that well. 6 bit and perfect focus...makes me interested except I already have one :D Roger

simonclivehughes

Good luck on your sale, Cindy. I look back now in amazement... I bought one of these from KEH in "Excellent +" condition a few years ago for $1495. It's simply incredible how the prices have risen. From a purely personal point of view, do you mind sharing why you're parting with it?

Cheers,

PSon

The only reason I bought the M8 is due to the uniqueness of the Noctilux. It is still in my mind after the whole M8 system is sold off. I think about this lens and may re-consider buying it.

Best Regards,
-Son

PSon

Two things stands out for me for this lens are:

1) It is the latest version of the Noctilux prior to the discontinuation of the legendary lens

2) The lens is carefully calibrated to work on the Leica M8.

-Son

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I think that I have my lens sold:mad:, but I am waiting for funding.
The new buyer is going to be getting a gem. I am going to be very sorry that I let this one go.

PSon

Cindy,
I felt the same way when I sold my Noctilux last year. This lens is a part of Leica history for sure.
-Son