The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm Summarit f/2.5

darkspark

I bought this beautiful 35mm Summarit a few months ago from Popflash (retail new for $1595, I paid $1427 for this 10+ condition mint used) when I first started getting into Leica rangefinder. Since then, I've become addicted and bought myself a few more lenses... more than I could afford to keep them all (I envy all you collectors). I'm using this gem least so I have to let it go to help finance my addiction for more lens...

It is a fantastic 6-bit coded compact lens with beautiful bokeh (the reason why I bought it... Very comparable--if not better?--to the classic "bokeh king".) You can see for yourself in Guy's test thread here:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120
More praises from other forum members:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11654

I'm in no hurry to sell it, especially with the news of Leica lenses' price increase in less than a month away, so please no low ball offers. I'm willing to wait another month to see how the price increase will pan out. But since I have some free time now, I thought I would make a listing in case there are interests before the official price increase on Jan 1st.

It is in 10+ condition, with no marks and clean glass. The lens also still have 1-year Leica warranty left.

$1195 Paypalled and shipped (lower 48 states. For other locations, please PM me for shipping agreement.)

I also have E39 B+W UV/IR filter that I'm willing to sell together with the lens for $35 (no box since I got it with my M8 from a seller.)
[*Filter is only priced to sell with the lens. I'd rather not selling the filter before the lens itself.]

Thank you for looking!

I have 100% feedbacks on eBay, and I've been buying/selling quite a few lenses here and on other rangefinder forums through posts as well as PM's.

Please email any questions to
"darkspark [at] gmail" Thank you!

Last edited:

Paratom

sorry to pop in but I have to say that the 35 Summarit is a wonderfull compact lens with very nice Bokeh and very balanced IQ. One of my favorite lenses on the M9.