The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Voigtlander 75mm f2.5 Boxed, LN, Great Sample!

D&A

Hi All,

I am reluctantly selling my Voigtlander 75mm f2.5 lens and if it wasn't for the fact that I stumbled upon a Leica 75mm f1.4, I wouldn't sell the sample of the VC 75mm I have.

Knowing how potentially good the VC 75mm f2.5 lens is...with Sean and others illustrating that it has the potential to equal or surpass the Leica 75mm f2.0 in sharpness across the frame at f2.5 and stopped down..I went about at the time to find a sample that was optically exceptional. There was a fair amount of sample to sample performance, but this one stood out. I did test them all out against my dads Leica 75mm f2.0 and this one surpassed that one as tests showed a good sample could.

It's shows little signs of being handled, glass perfect, focusing smooth, apature blades clean...it's boxed, and includes original hood and all its original front and rear lens caps and original VC booklet.

Price is $259.00, with no Paypal fees and shipping/insurance at actual cost.

***I also have the latest Voigtlander Type II screw to M adapter for this lens, which allows hand coding for the M8. Only being sold (optionally) with purchase of the lens at this time for $48.00. It's mint and boxed.

Lastly I have a mint B+W 43mm UVIR filter for this lens for those that use the M8 or M8.2. IT too is only being sold optionally at this time with purchase of this lens. It is mint and I think I have the box. Price is $45.00

Thanks for looking.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
C

carlito

Just to be clear, this is not an M-mount lens? That's what the adapter is for? What's the process for hand-coding for the M8?

Do you have a "best price" for all 3 items?

D&A

Hi All,

1. I sent PM's to everyone who responded.

2. Carlito, I also sent you a PM. Yes, it's a screw mt lens therefore the adapter in a screw mt to M mount adapter. Coding can either be done with a perminant black marker or the adapter can be sent to John Milch and he can machine (mill) in "pits' in the adapter..so one can paint in the correct code. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

The first person who contacted me yesterday moments after I listed the lens for sale, purchased the lens, so I'd like to thank everyone who got in touch with me. I responded with PM's but think one or two didn't go through in case you didn't receive a response that the lens sold.

I probably will sell the 43mm B+W UVIR and possibly (but not sure), the VC 50/75mm Type II adapter.

I also still have my absolutely mint, boxed Leica 90mm APO-ASPH lens (Black) for sale as well as a boxed Leica swing Polarizer set (latest version) for all Leica M bodies inclduing the M8 & M9. Pics of these items can be seen in my other FS posts.

Thanks again.

Dave (D&A)