The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 Nokton..Brand New!!

D&A

Hi All,

I am selling my dad's brand new Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 lens. He never used it (I have my own copy). It is absolutely brand new, USA, boxed and of course I checked that it is a flawless sample. Focusing and aperture controls are very smooth and aperture ring clicks positively at all f-stops. Glass is perfect of course. Lens exactly as it came right out of the box, new!

In many controlled test I did with my own VC 50mm f1.1, against the Leica Noct 50mm f1.0, I found the 50mm f1.1 sharper at all f-stops and the degree of background blur ever so slightly less than the Noct. Where the Noct has a distinctive swirly bokeh, the VC 50mm f1.1 is more neutral in its rendition. An exceptional lens considering the price and excels as a normal lens when stopped down.

Price for a new one is $1149.00 . My price is $969.00 "net to me" with free shipping within CONUS U.S. . Actual shipping costs for those outside the U.S. will be discounted by a similar amount that it would have cost me to ship the lens within the U.S.

Thanks for looking and your interest!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Ooops...I almost forgot to mention that I have brought and sold here (and a member too) on Getdpi and all the other usual camera forums, many times with complete success (and fun too!). I'm also a 10+ year ebay member with over 1000 perfect feedbacks (100%). Any questions, please ask...and thanks again!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

While I just put up my Mint (LN) boxed Silver M8, Mint (LN) boxed Nikon D3 and my brand new Voigtlander (VC) 50mm f1.1 lens (as described in this ad), I'd thought I'd give it a gentle nudge. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Thanks "Double Negative"...and don't think I don't owe you an e-mail, in response to the informative one you sent few days ago. With the snow (we got 24") in a place that cannot handle even 5", it's been a bit of a mess, to say the least and haven't got around yet to responding. I know you're dealing with this winter situation too as many are. Look forward to writing you later and thanks again for the kind words here...much appreciated! Now what do the Borg (on Star Trek) say about resistance :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd also give this lens a little nudge by mentioning that I'll pay the paypal fees..so that should make an over $200.00 savings on this new lens over any other new VC 50mm f1.1 lens ordered. As some others have shown, this lens in many ways has characteristics (including excellent sharpness( wide open that are similar to the new Noct 50mm 0.95, in that it's also sharper than the older Noct (50mm f1.0). It also is quite a remarkable performer when stopped down and as many have found and excels as a normal very sharp 50mm lens too at all the middle f-stops...something the older Noct 50mm f1.0 wasn't exceptional at, especially with its often seen focus shift.

I am extremely impressed with my own copy, especially that there is no way I could afford the 50mm f0.9. Thanks again!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi Everyone...

Still time to get this exceptional lens before Christmas via Express Mail...or during the holiday season via Priority mail. Just as an update...if you are hesitating..a sale appears to be close. I hate to see when someone is interested in an item and is disappointed in missing it. Thanks again!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi,

As an option, since some asked for a lower price with just regular Air Mail shipping in the CONUS (not Express Mail)...my price with this option would be $939.00, with free shipping in CONUS and all Paypal fees paid. Hope this makes someones holiday season a little brighter...well it should since this is a f1.1 lens :)

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Comment Date: Wed December 23, 2009

Hi Everyone,

The (My) Voightlander VC 50mm f1.1 lens is now sold to a extremely nice individual. I truly appreciate all the nice comments and coorispondence I received from everyone....thank you! I still have my LN pristine and flawless Nikon D3 body (boxed, complete) for sale...and it is posted in a seperate listing. Happy Holidays!

Dave (D&A)