The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica "Silver" M8 Mint, Boxed, Flawless, One Owner, Late release

D&A

Hi All,

I was just notified of an opportunity to purchase a particular MF set-up, which I have to make a decision in the shortest possible time. Therefore putting up two of my cameras for a fast sale.

I decided to put up for sale my Leica Silver M8, which has only been used in the studio, only touch by me, late M8 release (Serial # 333xxxx) with no issues what so ever. It's boxed, virtually not a single mark anywheres on the body except if I seach almost microscopically, I can see one almost pencil sized dot (mark) just in front of the hot shot. LCD screen covered with Giottos from Day 1...and of course I am the original owner. Focuses with the lenses I have perfectly and never once had any issues.

Comes with box and everything (and I mean everything) the M8 comes with. I eventually can put up pics but not home at the moment.

Price due to condition etc. is $2450.00 net to me with free shipping within CONUS but insurance is paid for by the buyer. Of course over 1000 ebay perfect positive feedbacks over 10 years (ebay name is kxk2). Also have done many purchases and sales here on Getdpi and elsewhere with perfect success.

*** I wil also be putting up for sale my studio mint Nikon D3 is exactly the same condition and comes with everthing as brand new. Same as described for my M8....flawless, and totally LN (thats what I mean by mint) and I am the one and only original owner. Details in it's own seperate posting. Price on that will be $3350.00 net to me with free shipping within the CONUS but insurance paid for by buyer. I have a seperate posting for the Nikon D3.

Thanks for your interest and for looking

Dave (D&A)

Last edited by a moderator:

D&A

Re: FS: Leica "Silver" M8 Mint, Boxed, Flawless, One Owner, Late release

Just to let those who are interested know, I wil try and take pics of all related items in next couple of hours. The box, all contents, all inserts, every piece of paper issued inside the box, all software, all universal plugs, charger and cords..are exactly the way when issued new and nary any signs of even being taken out of the box or opened, since most everything has been kept in box when first opened brand new. even the box (silver and outer grey cardboard box with serial number looks like its never been touched. Close to opening a new camera when purchased new. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All....here are some quick images of my Leica M8 up for sale. There were more cords/accessories/box inserts etc.... but couldn't fit them all in...but hope images reflect the pristine and near flawless condition of this camera and all the original accessories/paperwork/manuals that came when it when purchased new. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi All,

Just in case this helps anyone with the price...I have an aquantence who's M8 cardboard box was lost (or misplaced) during a move. He's willing to give me $100.00 for the empty box with all inner cardboard smaller box and carboard inserts.

So if any who's contemplating purchase of my M8 listed here would like to take off an additional $100.00 (making the camera $2350.00 net to me), and wouldn't mind giving up just just empty M8 boxes and inserts etc....but of course gets all paperwork, books, accessories, cords, camera etc.)....then please let me know.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi Everyone,

To give this item a little nudge and maybe put a smile on someone's face before Christmas....if purchased by the end of today, I will ship via USPS Express (EMS) Mail for free and also split the paaypal fees with the buyer within the CONUS. If outside the U.S., I'll discount appropriately. Since Express Mail covers quite a bit of insurance automatically....for this item, all the buyer has to do, is pay the difference (for remaider of insurance). This way, the buyer is almost assured of receiving the M8 prior to Christmas. Would be much nicer to sell to a buyer this way rather than it going to the "Bay" shortly.

Of course the offer to also reduce the price by $100.00 (in addition to all the other incentives( still stands if one doesn't need the empty cardboard boxes, inserts etc.

Thanks again everyone!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

There is still time to get this beautiful M8 before Christmas via Express Mail with my free Express Mail shipping....(my holiday offer above). A lot of interest has been shown and just mentioning if anyone is hesitating and might be disappointed in not going for it. Thanks everyone for all the coorispondence.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Comment Date: Wed December 23, 2009
Hi Everyone,

The (My) Leica M8 is now sold.! I truly appreciate all the nice comments and coorispondence I received from everyone....thank you! I still have my LN pristine and flawless Nikon D3 body (boxed, complete) for sale...and it is posted in a seperate listing. Happy Holidays!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: