The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Early '09 17" 2.66 GHz Macbook Pro

John Black

17" Macbook Pro Dual 2.66 GHz - Anti-Glare Screen
Early '09 Revision, 4GB RAM, Seagate 500 GB 7200 RPM, WiFi N

The Macbook Pro was purchased directly from the Apple Store around July 2009 (as a refurb) for a vacation to Alaska. Apple still offers the same configuration (click here). The Macbook Pro functions perfectly and is rock-solid stable (currently running 10.6.2). For home use I have a Mac Pro with a 30" monitor, so the 17" Macbook Pro sees very little use. And, I just bought a new Mac Pro, so it's time to sell the Macbook to help offset the ridiculous cost of the new Mac Pro. Some specifics about the Macbook Pro -

• Intel 2.66 GHz Core Duo
  • 4 GB of Apple Memory (1066 MHz); this is the stock configuration
  • Nvidia 9400 / 9600 Graphics (512 & 256 MB VRAM)
  • 500 GB Seagate 7200 RPM Drive (upgraded by me)
  • 17" Anti-Glare screen (ie - NOT the glossy screen)
  • Built Airport(802.11 B/G/N) & Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
  • 8 Hour Battery Life (more like 4-5 hours w/ WiFi use)
  • Illuminated keyboard w/ ambient sensor
  • DisplayPort for an external monitor

The Seagate 500 GB 7200 RPM drive was purchased from Newegg and works like a charm. The Seagate drive is the model WITHOUT the g-force protection, thus no conflicts with Apple's g-force protection. I also added the Sonnet SDHC card reader that fits into the ExpressCard 3/4 slot. I used the reader with 16 GB Sandisk Extreme III SDHC cards and it works perfectly.

The Macbook Pro is in excellent condition with the only signs of use being on the keyboard, wrist pad areas and track pad - just normal wear patterns from regular typing.

I believe it shipped with OS 10.5.8 w/ iLife '09. The hard drive will be restored to the original OS. The sale also includes the original 320 GB hard-drive. This drive can be an excellent option for an external enclosure. I have not used the drive since swapping it for the 500 GB Seagate.

The Macbook Pro ships in the original Apple with its charger, manuals, restore disks and whatever else they included in box.

Price: $1800 including shipping & Paypal in the CONUS. US Only