Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB Leica 43mm UV/IR filter Black

Post Thanks / Like

WTB Leica 43mm UV/IR filter Black

I just got a Biogon 35mm Zeiss ZM lens and need a 43mm UV/IR Filter. Email or PM me if you have one.

Black and prefer the Leica Brand.

Thanks!

Dan

------
    Leica Lens Reviews and Photoblog
    http://www.danielvalentephotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB Leica 43mm UV/IR filter Black

Dan You better check my facts but I believe that the zeiss may not take a leica filter because the pitch may be different. I had this problem with the 50 ZM planar and had to use the B+W uv/ir filter . Also I believe that leica only makes the 43mm uv/ir filter in silver. Normally zeiss and leica are always the same except around 43/46 . But you should check the detail sites.

Post Thanks / Like

That is correct. There is no such thing as a black Leica UV/IR filter in E43. B&W has one in black.

The threads should be the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. So I want a B&W 43mm UV/IR?

Like this one?

See... this is why I like this forum ;-)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tal_UV_IR.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunghang View Post
    That is correct. There is no such thing as a black Leica UV/IR filter in E43. B&W has one in black.

The threads should be the same.
    The thread pitches are different. I went and checked and this is the same problem I had with the 50/2 zm planar. I don t have handy the exact specification but the filter thread pitch changes at the 43mm size. leica and zeiss agree both below and above this size ..but at 43mm leica did not follow the std . Leica 43mm filters don t properly fit the zeiss zm lenses.

The B+W filter shown is the correct version.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I found a filter. Thanks for all the interest and everyone have a happy new year!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roger,

I'm not 100% sure (and please correct me if I'm mistaken), but I also thought the pitch of the filter thread on 39mm filter/lens threads is also different between Zeiss and Leica as is the 43mm you mentioned. I thought Leica uses a .5mm pitch thread on both their 39mm & 43mm filter/lens threads, while Zeiss uses a .75mm pitch filter thread on all filter/lens threads...the same pitch (.75mm) thats pretty much the industry standard on most all modern 35mm lenses/filters these days. You may be correct and this difference only applies to lenses taking 43mm filters (comparing Leica vs. Zeiss), but I also thought it applied to their respective lenses taking 39mm filters too?

I will add, that although I was under the impression that the above info was fairly accurate, recently I did have an older B+W 39mm filter that did screw properly onto a Leica lens that takes 39mm filters....so my certainty at that point became questionable.

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 1st January 2010 at 06:15.