The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Rollei Lens for Hy6/Rollei 6008 Cameras

PSon

Some of the Rollei lens I tested recently with the Sinar 54H or P20 are very sharp copies and in mint condition. I would like to sell some of my duplicates tested copies (see below for listing and prices):

1. Rollei Schneider Super-Angulon HFT 3.5/40 PQ (1/500th flash sync)
Descriptions: This lens is extremely sharp in term of crisp at close up (F=5.6 peak) and at infinity (F=/> 5.6). The lens is extremely compact and yet built like nothing you have seen which is typical of Rollei lens. The rubber grip material on the focusing and aperature rings are the latest technology to endure time, condition, and handling. The metal barrel goes through the anodization process several times to endure the aging process of the barrel with time. Due to the multiple anodization processes the metal has to be thicker to compensate for the weakening of the metal. This lens is not ideal to be shoot wide open since at F3.5 it is soft. This lens is ideal for traveling and landscape but also for macro works since it can be focus so close with the built in floating element. I use this lens on my Rollei X-Act2 system.
Condition: This particular copies is in brand new condition.
Price: $3,000
SOLD

2. Rollei Schneider Super-Angulon HFT 2.8/50 PQS (1/1000th flash sync)
Description: The preliminary data shows that this lens has very high resolution in the medium format wide angle lens at F2.8 and could potentially even sharper than the Hasselblad Distagon T* 2.8/50 F at wide open F2.8. The conclusion cannot be absolute yet at this time. However, this lens sharpness is one that is not as crisp as the Super-Angulon HFT 3.5/40 at the optimum aperture but render a very pleasing image while being sharper at wide open F stop. This lens is ideal for low light photography and location portrait but also can be used for macro and product application where space is tight. The lens also has floating element and thus lend itself to be sharp at very close working distances. I also use this lens with my Rollei X-Act2 system.
Condition: Mint with a brand new shutter
Price: $2500

3. Rollei Schneider Apo Tele-Xenar HFT 4.0/300 PQ (1/500th flash sync)
Description: This lens shows no chromatic aberration for a long tele-photo lens which is normally shown in long tele-photo lens which has been reported here and elsewhere. The lens is sharp wide open and renders a balance between macro and micro contrast. If the lens has too much macro contrast it can also mask the micro-contrast which is one of the main components which defined resolution. The lens therefore show the high fidelity transferring (HFT) of light and yield a very pleasing image with clarity. The built of this lens is similar to the highest end Hasselblad Superachromat lens and may even exceeded in term of mechanical. The focus mechanism of the Rollei lens are the best I have seen and yet the 300 mm lens raises this level to a new height.
Condition: Mint no box
Price: $2500 (this lens new is over $6K and more likely will not be the lens to be replaced in its focal plane)

4. Rollei Schneider Apo Tele-Xenar HFT 4.0/300 PQ (1/500th flash sync)
Description: This lens shows no chromatic aberration for a long tele-photo lens which is normally shown in long tele-photo lens which has been reported here and elsewhere. The lens is sharp wide open and renders a balance between macro and micro contrast. If the lens has too much macro contrast it can also mask the micro-contrast which is one of the main components which defined resolution. The lens therefore show the high fidelity transferring (HFT) of light and yield a very pleasing image with clarity. The built of this lens is similar to the highest end Hasselblad Superachromat lens and may even exceeded in term of mechanical. The focus mechanism of the Rollei lens are the best I have seen and yet the 300 mm lens raises this level to a new height.
Condition: Mint with Box
Price: $3000 (this lens new is over $6K and more likely will not be the lens to be replaced in its focal plane)
SOLD

email: [email protected]

Last edited:

fotografz

Son, how are you using these lenses on the Rollei Xact-II ? Are you using the Rollei electronic shutter system and an adapter to mount the MF lenses? How do they compare to digital view lenses like those from Schneider and Rodenstock?

PSon

Marc,
I am getting controller for the lens and therefore I do not need the Rollei electronic shutter system. I believe you have one yourself and which lens do you use with? For me I am planing to also buy the electronic shutter and modify my S-Planar T* 4.0/100 to work on this set up. I am also planing to use the Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon-D (duplication).
Son