Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Leica 180mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R II

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

FS: Leica 180mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R II

This lens is generally in fantastic shape, very few traces of use, clean glass, etc., etc.

There is one issue though: when shining a very bright light through (a normal flashlight shows nothing), somewhere near the rear of the lens there is one element which looks like it has lost some clearcoat. I am not sure exactly what it is, but I have never seen any effects in any photos. It is possible that under some circumstances the contrast would be lowered, although my photos have always shown good contrast.

The lens normally sells for anywhere from 300-750 Euro, and probably this copy would sell for 600 or so, but given the issue with the lens, I will list it for 150 Euro. The lens can be seen in Berlin, Germany. Comes with front and rear caps.

I will take PayPal. I will ship anywhere, at your cost of course. Note that shipping outside of Europe can get costly, so please check out the shipping costs before buying.

More photos can be supplied upon request. I am not sure if I can show the issue, but if someone wants me to try, I will.

Attachment 26852
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Leica 180mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R II

I bought one of these lenses new for my R system and last year I converted it with the Leitax adapter for my Nikons . This lens blows away the Nikon 70-200/2.8VR as I had both lenses at the same time. It also works well with an adapter on a canon body. This lens was designed for sports and has a short throw for focusing.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Leica 180mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R II

Sale pending...
    Carsten - Website