The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica MATE 2nd version mint+

bradhusick

I am the original owner of a mint+ condition 2nd version black Leica MATE 28-35-50 f/4, 6-bit coded, in the box with all papers, leather case, caps and hood.

If there's someone here looking for one in perfect condition, please PM me with an intelligent offer. I am not looking for any trades unless you have a 0.95 Noct.

I am not looking to sell this quickly as they have been discontinued.

I will take photos of it and post here in the next day or so.

Thanks,
Brad

bradhusick

one correction - this is not 6-bit coded. I coded it with a Coder-Kit and marker.

a few photos...

Last edited:

jonoslack

Lovely Brad
It took me 6 months to find one (on ebay in the end). I suspect that your 'intelligent' price would be at least as much as I paid (£2100).
It was a bit of a bore on the M8, but it's a wonderful thing on the M9.

Good Luck with your sale.

bradhusick

Thanks, Jono.

It was one of the first lenses I purchased when I got my M8 and it's a technical wonder. Every time I see the cams move when changing the focal length I ask "how did they ever do that?" I just tend to shoot with faster lenses in more challenging low light situations now. I am really saving for a new noctilux.

-Brad

L

leicamad

wow, lucky sell.
I got one last month from Ebay with a much lower price.
It is an excellent lens for any type of shooting in a sunny day. Good for travel.