The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Linos (Rodenstock) Mevis-C complete set (12-50mm) (C-mount lenses)

M

Mathijs

Good afternoon GetDPI users!

I have here a Linos Mevis-C lens set with all five available lenses. They are in pristine condition, and have seen no abuse or even any real use. They've been taken out of the case a few times, mounted, unmounted, and a few tests have been shot. They're lovely lenses, but the extra resolving power just isn't enough for me to warrant the price of these lenses. The linos case has a few scuffs on the outside, but serves it's purpose.

For those that do not know, these are modern lenses, the 12mm being released only three years ago. They are of very high standard and tack-sharp even wide open, great for imaging needs. These are created soly to give the highest possible resolving power for high megapixel sensors. The data sheets can be found on the Linos website.

The set includes the 12mm, 16mm, 25mm, 35mm and the 50mm. All are 1.6 except the first and last of the set, which are 1.8. The two wide angles cover up to 2/3", the rest are officially rated at 1". Would work great with an SI-2K, RED Scarlet, or for use on a m4/3rds camera! P+S Technik makes gears for these lenses if you want to use them with a follow focus.

I was unsure as to where to sell these, and as I've been lurking here for some time now, I thought it was worth a try. I understand I have no feedback at all on this forum, however I have a 100% rating on eBay under the username Mathijs_v. I'd just much rather sell it straight to the person, instead of through eBay. If I do not find anyone here, they'll most likely end up on eBay, albeit for a slightly higher price to justify the extra costs. If you need any other credentials, feel free to ask. This ad is also posted on the REDuser forum.

I've included a simple photograph, I will post better photographs later on if there is any interest. If someone is interested, you're free to request photographs from any angle or any specs you might need.

Looking for 4700$, which includes shipping worldwide with registered mail from the Netherlands, where the item is located. Local pick-up possible, as is inspection and a free cup of coffee or tea. :)
I'm open to offers, too.

With kind regards,
Mathijs.

PS, a small piece of fabric ended up on the lens of the 35mm at the time I was taking the shot. I can assure you it's optically perfect, and free from any defects, as all lenses are in the set. (No fungus, scratches, blemishes, coating problems, schneideritis, dust, seperation, bloom, scuffs, oily aperture blades, stiff focus rings, or any other problem.)

M

Mathijs

Bump! These were even used on Slumdog Millionare, for those tight spots or when being discrete was important.

carstenw

They look like really interesting lenses, but I can't help feeling that you won't find your buyer here. There is very little overlap between the people who come here and someone who might need these kinds of lenses.

Have you tried selling them on the Luminous Landscape forum? The pros there are more from the fashion sector and some are beginning to branch out into video.

Another thing to try would be the RED forums.

M

Mathijs

They look like really interesting lenses, but I can't help feeling that you won't find your buyer here. There is very little overlap between the people who come here and someone who might need these kinds of lenses.

Have you tried selling them on the Luminous Landscape forum? The pros there are more from the fashion sector and some are beginning to branch out into video.

Another thing to try would be the RED forums.
Thanks, I'll give it a try on the Luminous forum. I've tried the RED forums, but sadly no response, desbite the price being way below the price they cost to buy currently.. Perhaps it's due to the fact that the RED scarlet isn't out yet.

M

Mathijs

Well, it took a while, but these eventually sold. Through this forum, nonetheless!