Site Sponsors

Thread: SOLD: Canon gear

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Exclamation SOLD: Canon gear

I am basically using my MF kit for everything now, so have decided to sell my entire Canon kit. Here is what I have with what I think are fair asking prices. Local pick up in Los Altos, CA is welcome. I will ship inside the US via USPS, and anywhere in the world as long as the buyer is willing to pay for the actual shipping costs via FedEx insured. All items are in excellent condition with mint optics, and include caps and hood as well as boxes and all original paperwork unless otherwise indicated.

PRICES NOW INCLUDE US SHIPPING!

2) PENDING DEAL: Canon 16-35 version II L lens, very sharp, excellent hand-selected copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UV date code. Asking $1195

5) SOLD: Canon 90 TSE. Excellent copy optically, but shows a lot of use on the barrel and hood, excellent glass and everything locks up tight and operates smoothly. No box. Asking $725

~~~

1) SOLD: Canon 1Ds3 with extra battery and RRS L bracket. Maybe 8K clicks total. This body has had the Canon factory auto focus sensor upgrade and focuses dead on. Asking $3995 for all.

3) SOLD: Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, very sharp, also hand selected and an excellent copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UV date code. Asking $1450

4) SOLD: Canon 24-70 f2.8, another very sharp hand-selected and excellent copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UT date code. Asking $995

6) SOLD: Sigma 50mm f1.4 -- razor-sharp copy even wide open, very nice bokeh. Asking $395 >>> EDIT: I have recieved maybe a dozen questions about focus issues -- FWIW, this lens focused PERFECTLY on my 1Ds3, close or far, was very sharp and had great bokeh. It was so good, I preferred it to my 50/1.2 L (mostly due to better bokeh) and sold the 50 L when I got this lens.

7) SOLD: Canon 2x II TC, excellent, no box. Asking $225

8) SOLD: Canon 1.4x II TC, excellent, no box. Asking $225

9) SOLD: Canon 580 EX II flash with Canon off-shoe cable 2 included. Asking $385

PM or email me if interested. (jack-at-getdpi-dot-com).

Thanks,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: All my Canon gear, 1Ds3, L lenses, flash, etc

Amazing how much of the same gear we have, Jack. (scaring you again, huh?)

...need to sit and stew on the 16-35.... I really really hate to buy anything that's not for medium format....

ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post

...need to sit and stew on the 16-35.... I really really hate to buy anything that's not for medium format....

ken
    Great minds my friend -- and the fact we know what minimum gear we need on hand to get 99% of the images we need

Update: 1Ds3 is sold.
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good luck on your sales Jack. Someone should just get the whole kit and call it a day. Ready to hit the ground shooting
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been a way for too long. Wait a minute I think I recognize a couple of these…

Great items at great prices.

Good luck with the sale Jack!

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jack,
    Allow me to pile on and offer my in-box, like new Sigma 12-24 HSM lens for $600. This would complete a full frame Canon DSLR kit.

Good luck with the sale.

Jack hand picks his lenses, so you know you're getting the best copies you can.

Post Thanks / Like

HI Jack
    It seems like yesterday I was telling you to get the upgrades done on your 1ds mk111. good Luck Jack

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post

ken
    Ditto on the "hate to spend a dime on anything that isn't MFD" ... well ... except my M9 kit, which cost me the same as a MFD kit ...

Jack gives good lens ... my assistant bought one of his hand picked older Canon wide zooms, and is producing some amazing results from it on her 5D.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That 16-35 would look great in Norway!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Erik:

Stuff is starting to move, so if you want that pristine and excellent 16-35, you should jump soon!
    Jack

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    I am basically using my MF kit for everything now, so have decided to sell my entire Canon kit. Here is what I have with what I think are fair asking prices. Local pick up in Los Altos, CA is welcome. I will ship inside the US via USPS, and anywhere in the world as long as the buyer is willing to pay for the actual shipping costs via FedEx insured. All items are in excellent condition with mint optics, and include caps and hood as well as boxes and all original paperwork unless otherwise indicated.

1) SOLD: Canon 1Ds3 with extra battery and RRS L bracket. Maybe 8K clicks total. This body has had the Canon factory auto focus sensor upgrade and focuses dead on. Asking $3995 for all.

2) Canon 16-35 version II L lens, excellent hand-selected copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UV date code. Asking $1225

3) Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, also hand selected and an excellent copy. Hood shows light rub marks. UV date code. Asking $1450

4) SOLD 24-70 f2.8, also hand-selected and excellent. Hood shows light rub marks. UT date code. Asking $995

5) Canon 90 TSE. Excellent copy optically, but shows a lot of use on the barrel and hood, excellent glass and everything locks up tight and operates smoothly. No box. Asking $795

6) SOLD: Sigma 50mm f1.4 -- razor-sharp copy even wide open, very nice bokeh. Asking $395

7) Canon 2x II TC, excellent, no box. Asking $225

8) SOLD: Canon 1.4x II TC, excellent, no box. Asking $225

9) SOLD: Canon 580 EX II flash with Canon off-shoe cable 2 included. Asking $385

PM or email me if interested. (jack-at-getdpi-dot-com)
    Jack, pardon the question in your F/S post ... but I'm curious wether the P65+ with Pixel Binning to get higher ISOs is one reason why you no longer need a DSLR ... I know it isn't quite the same, but did it get you close enough to then concentrate on MFD for most applications?

-Marc

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc for me in a word absolutely no question with the P40+ I simple have no need for the 35mm cams. I have plenty of shooting speed and the Sensor Binning produces excellent results at the high ISO numbers like 1600. Read this http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13379
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Jack, pardon the question in your F/S post ... but I'm curious wether the P65+ with Pixel Binning to get higher ISOs is one reason why you no longer need a DSLR ... I know it isn't quite the same, but did it get you close enough to then concentrate on MFD for most applications?

-Marc
    Hi Marc:

There are three reasons, and that was definitely one of them. To be more precise, the P65+ binned at 1600 is virtually free of noise except in the deepest shadows, and 3200 is about as clean as my 1Ds3 was at 1600, so in reality I actually gained say a half-stop of ISO with the P65+ binned, though I suspect the 1D4 and 1Ds4 will move ahead marginally. In my case, I rarely need 3200, but do use 1600, and for when I need/want high ISO it is usually hand-held anyway, so the 15MP net resolution from the P65+ binned is adequate.

Second reason is the new DF body performance. It's AF is much faster and more accurate, and again that was one of the reasons I needed the DSLR, so that speed need got handled. Finally, shutter lag on the DF body is also improved and almost as short as the Canon now, so was kind of the icing on the cake to motivate the sale.

Bottom line is with these gains in my MF arena, the Canon kit was simply not going to used anymore. I've already added to my MF kit lens line and am now investigating a tech camera solution, so the Canon money gets recycled
    Jack

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Heck but I saw this too late! I'm in the market for a 1Ds mkIII with all the repairs done and an L plate but I really want a reliable seller. Jack, you would have been it and more, I was just too slow. My fault for going away for a day, heck but I got a few good pictures at least .

Silently gnashing teeth, especially after finding out that there is no duty even on importing digital cameras to the UK (apart from a nasty 17.5% VAT but still, at that price...)
    Last edited by Ben Rubinstein; 21st January 2010 at 10:04.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Only items 2, 5 and 7 remain!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Im tempted, but I have to pass Jack. I get a sweet discount from Canon so I will actually buy it new. I just need to sell a lightly used 14 2.8 first. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Only the 16-35 II and 90 TSE left!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: FS: PRICES LOWERED! Canon 16-35II and 90 TSE

Prices lowered...
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: FS: PRICES LOWERED! Canon 16-35II and 90 TSE

Deal pending on the 16-35, so for now, just the 90 is available.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: SOLD: Canon gear

How much is shipping on the 90 to me in Norway? 0467 oslo, norway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Five View Post
    How much is shipping on the 90 to me in Norway? 0467 oslo, norway.
    US First Class mail which can take 10 days, not insured, $15. USPS International Priority with insurance, $55. Send me $750 total, and I'll mail the lens and a Canon remote cable to you!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

PM sent

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

All sold!
    Jack

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Still mourning missing your 1Ds mkIII...
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry Ben! It may help you to know it went to another regular here on GetDPI, so at least found a loving and happy home!
    Jack