The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Arca-Swiss B1 or RRS BH-55 ball head (UK)

EricC

I am looking to buy either an Arca-Swiss B1 or RRS BH-55 ball head.

Must be in perfect working order and prefer mint condition.

I would prefer a UK or European deal due to Import duties etc.

Many thanks.

Regards
Eric

Snapshot

Re: Arca-Swiss B1 or RRS BH-55 ball head (UK)

Hi Eric,

I have two ballheads for sale (I just bought an Arca Swiss B2 tripod head so I don't need these ballheads anymore):

- Arca Swiss B1 for 95 Euro (used condition, but operates as if still new);

- Burzynski ballhead for 280 Euro (mint condition, only used to test it in the studio). More info: http://www.naturfotograf.com/burzynski.html. A new Burzynski head costs 360 Euro.

The Burzynski is the best ballhead I have ever used. It weighs about the same as an Arca B1, but is even sturdier and is better suited for use in the cold and other harsh conditions. These ballheads are sold without quick releases, but these are available on eBay for 23 GBP new.

I'm located in the Netherlands. Paypal accepted.

Kind regards,
Selmar

carstenw

Eric, if you haven't already bought the Arca, I have a BH-55 in perfect condition which I have been considering selling. On the other hand, I am interested in the Burzynski (smaller, fits very compactly on my Gitzo), so perhaps we could do a three-way deal here?

Snapshot

Hi Carsten,

I wouldn't mind :) . Please keep me updated, the Burzynski head is ready to be sent.

Kind regards,
Selmar

EricC

Hi Carsten,
Yes, I would be interested in a three way deal if that is ok with Selmar.
Best Regards
Eric

Snapshot

Hi Eric and Carsten,

Fine with me. How do we arrange this?

Kind regards,
Selmar

carstenw

So, I will sell the BH to Eric, and buy the Burzynski from you :)

Does anyone know what PayPal would take for a transaction like this? I have a feeling that they recently reduced their rates from 3% but I am not sure.

When I get home tonight, I will PM you my preferred price, and you can decide if you like that price. I need to check how much I paid for it, plus shipping, plus EU import, and also check eBay for used prices, before deciding on a price. I am not aiming at squeezing the max from you, more for getting a fair price for us both, so unless you are hoping to pay nearly nothing, there shouldn't be a problem :) By the way, I have the QR version; I hope that is okay. I can also remove the QR plate, if you already have your own.

Selmar, is there a plate on the Burzynski?

I'll be in touch later. I am in Berlin, btw, and will check shipping costs to the UK.

Last edited:

carstenw

Selmar, is the Burzynski the current Ball Head II 70mm-base version, or the older 85mm version? If the former, do you have the adapter for the Gitzo?

The price of the BH-55 including shipping etc. to Europe seems to be pretty close to the Burzynski, so my price will be similar to Selmar's. Exact price tonight!

Shipping to the UK will add about 20 Euro.

Snapshot

Carsten, I have the current version of the Burzynski head, i.e., the 70mm base version. I don't own the 70/85mm adapter for the old 13xx or new 35xx Gitzo tripods, but this is available new for 32 Euro. Are you sure you need it for your particular Gitzo tripod?

I'm selling the ballhead without a quick release. I have multiple new high quality Arca compatible releases available if you need one. Please send me a PM for details.

carstenw

That's okay, I will probably get a RRS PCL-1, since I lose the base rotation (I do panoramas sometimes). Meanwhile I have another RRS LR which I can steal from my BH-25 :) Do you know if the screw is compatible? I don't know much about the Burzynski, other than its compactness and stability.

My Gitzo is the GT3541XLS which does need the adapter, as far as I am aware. I will just order the adapter then.

EricC

Hello Carsten, Selmar,

That all sounds fine by me, I look forwards to hearing from you both later.

All the Best
Eric

Snapshot

Carsten, one of the unique features of the Burzynski Ballhead is that it comes with a combined 1/4" and 3/8" bolt that can be screwed in the platform on top of the ball. The bolt can be removed and turned upside down to change from a 1/4" to a 3/8" connection and vice versa. I hope this makes sense. :)

carstenw

That sounds flexible. It might even be possible to screw the normal RRS screw directly into the top of the head, so either way, I appear to be covered. Thanks!

So, everything seems to be a go. The intra-EU PayPal fee is apparently 1.9% + 0,35 Euro. The payer appears to pay a small extra conversion charge if his native currency is not Euro, but I guess that is all in how they remove the money from the account, and in either case, the fee for that appears to be even less than what banks take.

Eric will pay me by PayPal once I confirm the price and send some photos tonight, and I guess it is possible that I will even pay you tonight too, pending the photos of the Burzynski, and if not, almost certainly tomorrow. I need to look for a suitable box now. I do believe I have one in the perfect size...

carstenw

Carsten, I have the current version of the Burzynski head, i.e., the 70mm base version. I don't own the 70/85mm adapter for the old 13xx or new 35xx Gitzo tripods, but this is available new for 32 Euro. Are you sure you need it for your particular Gitzo tripod?
It turns out that the 70/85 adapter is only for 4- and 5- series tripods, and so I measured my GT3541XLS, and sure enough: it is 70mm across. I'll try it without the adapter, and I guess it will fit.