The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your Summer Vacation Hassey Is Here!

fotografz

My "Yellow Bird". Reminds me of Summer in the dead of Winter ... a must have for frolicking on Miami beach or fitting in on that trip to Vegas. A guaranteed chick magnet ... LOL !

The only custom one Hasselblad made that I liked. 501CM with A-12 back and W/L finder (lens not included.) This camera is brand new and has never had a roll through it. Pristine. Hate to part with it, but that MF Digital Devil is gnawing at my pocket book again.

$1,350. (USA only please.)

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Marc,

Hasselblad ought to hire you to do their product shots... this would be a perfect match for my yellow Ferrari if I had one.

Maggie O

Looking at that most excellent photo, I just realized that the original SX-70 design mimics the waist-level finder of the Hassy! Wow.

fotografz

Do you have all the boxes and inserts?
I think so, I'd have to look for it. I have a 3.5 car garage and I never could fit that Yellow Farrari in there because of all the camera boxes.

In fact, it's because of all the camera boxes, and what came in them, that I don't have the Farrari : -)

fotografz

just wondering what this price is based on...are yellow cameras worth more than black ones just curious?
Hasselblad made a limited amount of these 501CM and 503CW cameras with colored leather. They came in yellow, dark blue, dark red and I think dark green. IMO, the yellow one is the best looking.

The camera is exactly the same in function as the black ones, just a lot more rare. The last one I saw for sale was $2,800. without the lens.

To give you an idea of what a great price I'm selling this at ... B&H has an A-24 film back in Sun Yellow priced at $940. ... you do the math : -)

I'd just like to get this into the hands of someone who'll use it.

woodyspedden

Marc

Can a digital back be fitted to this camera? I seem to recall that there is a back or two out there for the CF cameras but I am just not sure.

Woody Spedden

fotografz

Marc

Can a digital back be fitted to this camera? I seem to recall that there is a back or two out there for the CF cameras but I am just not sure.

Woody Spedden
Any digital back with a V mount or uses a V adapter will work .... which is literally every back made ... from Kodak Pro Back Plus, to all the Imacons, to Leaf, Phase One to ... well all of them.

The CFV fits directly on it and requires no sync cord.

woodyspedden

Any digital back with a V mount or uses a V adapter will work .... which is literally every back made ... from Kodak Pro Back Plus, to all the Imacons, to Leaf, Phase One to ... well all of them.

The CFV fits directly on it and requires no sync cord.
O.K. Marc

This is now my camera. Give me the details, paypal or otherwise, and we'll seal the deal. I am not in a hurry so to save paypal fees etc. I am happy to send a cashiers check or the like and you can send me the body when everything clears.

I will be in need of some lenses so if you have any for sale let me know. I will be using this primarily for landscapes and portraits so I would guess that 35, 55, 120 or 140 are great starting points.

I am a MF newbie so any advice you may have is welcomed indeed.

Thanks

Woody

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at that most excellent photo, I just realized that the original SX-70 design mimics the waist-level finder of the Hassy! Wow.
Now that you point it out, you are so right.
I have owned both cameras and never noticed DUH
-bob

fotografz

O.K. Marc

This is now my camera. Give me the details, paypal or otherwise, and we'll seal the deal. I am not in a hurry so to save paypal fees etc. I am happy to send a cashiers check or the like and you can send me the body when everything clears.

I will be in need of some lenses so if you have any for sale let me know. I will be using this primarily for landscapes and portraits so I would guess that 35, 55, 120 or 140 are great starting points.

I am a MF newbie so any advice you may have is welcomed indeed.

Thanks

Woody
Good, then you know ... this is just the camera body, viewfinder, and film back. You will need to get lenses for it ... and I'd be perfectly happy to help you select by figuring what kind of photography you like to do, and picking your first lenses to accomplish that. For me, my favorite standard lens is the 100/3.5. If you like a 35mm lens on a 35mm camera, then the 65/3.5 will be your choice. KEH is a great resouce for Hasselblad lenses ... for example they have a Zeiss 65/3.5 CF T* in EX condition for $695.

Here are the choices: (There are different letter designations, but I suggest you stick with CFs as the best bang for the buck)

35/3.5 Fisheye: speciality lens.

40/4 CF: (there are two choices here CF and CF FLE. The FLE has a Floating Lens Element for better corrected close-up work, but is more pricey.

50/4 CF and CF FLE: (best choice for all-around wide work)

65/3.5 CF: IMO, the one to have if you're only having one. If you get the 40mm this is a good next step.

80/2.8 CF: a next step if you get the 50mm

100/3.5 CF: the "razor blade" lens of the Zeiss line up. So sharp you can barely believe your eyes. Great companion to the 65/3.5

120/4 CF Makro: not a macro lens as you know it in 35mm ... requires ex. tubes or a bellows extention to get really close ... but famous for it's flatness of field ... this was my number one studio lens for product photography ... optimized for close up, so less good for portraits IMO.

150/4 CF: the classic Zeiss portrait lens.

180/4 CF: the second "razor blade" lens in the Zeiss line-up. If you get this for portrait work you'll need a Zeiss Softer #1 to tame it's ruthless resolution that shows every pore on a person's face and renders tonal gradations on a strand of hair. I love this lens.

250/5.6 CF: the managable long lens in the system.

350/5.6 CF: a biggy ( I have a mint copy of this wonderful telephoto)

500/8 (don't know much about this lens except that it's BIG)

BTW, the price for this limited edition camera was special for this forum's members only, and is a steal.

If you don't have one, I will throw in a small hand meter, plus add some 120 film to get you started ... AND, when you get a shot you really like, I'll scan it on my Imacon 949 for free : -)

PM me, I'll need your shipping address where someone can sign for the package during working hours and the phone number there.

Thanks-

Marc

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
FWIW and just so you both know, I can vouch equally for both of you -- this will be another really easy transaction between two great people to deal with. Congrats to both of you :thumbs:

fotografz

BTW, not only do I still shoot film as well as digital with my Hasselblads, I use the lenses on every other DSLR I own ... Canon, Nikon, Leica R AND on my H3D/39-II !

The product photo of the "Yellow Bird" was shot with a Zeiss Hasselblad 150mm.

Here's one of my favorite Hasselblad wedding shots with a 50/4 CF using ISO 400 film ... from a Cuban/Jewish wedding in Miami.

Last edited:

fotografz

Woody, now with Jack's endorsement, I'll ship the camera tomorrow and you just send me a personal check tomorrow.

Let me know your address, etc. we'll need to add some for shipping/insur.. $50. should do it. If it's more I''ll let you know.