Site Sponsors

Thread: FS Leica M8 beauty

Post Thanks / Like

FS Leica M8 beauty

Last month I bought a used M8 from popflash. Today an M9 found me, so I must sell the M8. It is black, in excellent cosmetic condition. It has no scratches or dings. I have added a Giottos Aegis SP8250 glass cover to the back LCD. The upper metal plate shows a few, very minor rubs that will not even show in a picture. The bottom plate is perfect, and has the plastic cover still in place. The rest of the body also looks like new. The camera has worked perfectly for me. Manual, strap, original box, USB cable, battery, and charger included.

$2450 includes paypal and insured shipping via USPS priority mail. US only.

I have been doing some business recently at this forum, but I also have many dozen positive feedbacks at fredmiranda.com under this same username. Please look at my feedback there as I have earned a sterling reputation. Log in there and use this link to read my feedback.
    Last edited by tom in mpls; 29th January 2010 at 12:06.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS Leica M8 beauty

Please feel free to contact me for any question or discussion.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the M9!

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Tom, congrats, that was quick!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Tom,

I've put out the saucer of milk, and a plate of biscuits and no M9 body ever found it's way to my front door...just a bunch of strays (nice ones though)...so sounds like your lucky day! Best of luck with the "new find"....and feed it lots of SD cards and keep its battery warm

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    I've put out the saucer of milk, and a plate of biscuits and no M9 body ever found it's way to my front door...just a bunch of strays (nice ones though)...so sounds like your lucky day! Best of luck with the "new find"....and feed it lots of SD cards and keep its battery warm
    Dave, it's a good story. For the last couple weeks I have called to various stores around the country. You should hear the gales of laughter when I ask if they have an M9 in stock. When they recover, they ask me if I want to put a deposit down and get in line, but I decline. I tried a new store today, and the clerk and I shared a nice laugh. But then, he said, "Yes!". And it was a black one, just what I wanted. BTW I asked if he had any more, but, unfortunately, I got his only one.

Here are my cats, already waiting at the door for the UPS truck to arrive!
    Last edited by tom in mpls; 29th January 2010 at 14:56.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tom,

What a wonderful story...but what's this about unfortunately their having only one? We're you planning to purchase a pair of them (M9's) at the same time..LOL!
    Love the image of you cats. I've been a dog owner and lover since I was 5 years old and recently someone turned me onto cats and I was hooked too...especially when they open their big round wide eyes and say" I'm your master...give me a scratch I'm hooked! Looking forward to your experiences with the M9...I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Dave (Dave)
    Last edited by D&A; 29th January 2010 at 18:36.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cute photo. Congrats on the 9. I just recent purchased an M8.2 and I'm in love with it. I have a Zeiss Ikon Black with grip in mint I was looking to sell and I got someone who'd like to even trade his M6 black with grip with me. His in near mint. maybe rate a 9 from his description... very tempted.

I love cats too.

Post Thanks / Like

Carterofmars, where are you from?
    I might be interested on your Zeiss, I have one m6 for trade
    Please email me at [email protected]
    Cheers
    Paulo

Post Thanks / Like

Pics? Do you have an IR/UV filter 60 mm to sell with it?
    Last edited by esy0345; 31st January 2010 at 05:51.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by esy0345 View Post
    Pics? Do you have an IR/UV filter 60 mm to sell with it?
    I have 39, 46 and 55mm filters plus a WATE Milich adapter with IR filter. Let me know if you need any of them.

sorry about the dust:
    Last edited by tom in mpls; 31st January 2010 at 07:49.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    what's this about unfortunately their having only one? We're you planning to purchase a pair of them (M9's) at the same time?
    Two? No. I know some are on waiting lists or otherwise looking for an M9, and it seems there to be none to be found. I expected to be asked where I found mine so I was simply warning that I got the dealer's only one.

Post Thanks / Like

New price $2350 will include paypal and insured USPS priority delivery. $2300 for eCheck.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Wrote>>> "Two? No. I know some are on waiting lists or otherwise looking for an M9, and it seems there to be none to be found. I expected to be asked where I found mine so I was simply warning that I got the dealer's only one. ">>>

Hi Tom,

I realized exactly what you meant and were trying to say when you mentioned that the place you found your M9, only had one (since you asked if they had another)...and that you were trying to be helpful to those that might also be looking for one. My comments about wanting two, were simply a light hearted attempt at humor as most don't go purchasing two M9's at the same time. Your M8 looks great and would be an ideal camera for anyone getting into Leica digital M's. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

I suspected it was in jest, but wasn't certain. That's why I added that bug-eyed emoticon.

Gartophocus

Hi tom, does this M8 come with software cds? How's the viewfinder anyways? Condition of the UVir E39 filter and how much is it? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

M8 is sold, and my M9 arrives today!