Site Sponsors

Thread: seeking advice: PhaseOne 80mm f/2.8D

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

seeking advice: PhaseOne 80mm f/2.8D

I plan to order a 110mm LS to use on my Phaseone 645DF. I think if I do then the 8 month old 80mm lens that I have will be left on the shelf so I'm trying to find out if anyone can suggest how much I should be asking for this lens when I put it on fleabay. Thanks for any help.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: seeking advice: PhaseOne 80mm f/2.8D

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Goh View Post
    I plan to order a 110mm LS to use on my Phaseone 645DF. I think if I do then the 8 month old 80mm lens that I have will be left on the shelf so I'm trying to find out if anyone can suggest how much I should be asking for this lens when I put it on fleabay. Thanks for any help.
    My advice would be to keep it as 80mm is different enough from 110mm to warrant holding onto it even if only used occasionally. Plus, it maintains a complete kit should you decide to sell/trade the kit to upgrade later.

I sold my Hassey 80/2.8 because the 100/2.2 was a bit closer in focal length than your 110mm ... but have since regretted doing so because the next focal length down jumps to 50mm with nothing inbetween ... and I broke the set that people expect when selling.

Just a thought.

-Marc

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Have to agree with Marc on this. It maybe a better sale with the kit . Alone it maybe only worth 600 to 800 dollars. Although I understand why and what may happen as folks get the 80LS it will bring down the value of the 80D with it. Also the 80D is small and light, maybe the smallest 80 out there and good for travel besides all that it is sharp as a tack. Just look at the S2 review and you will see how good it really is.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Marc and Guy. I think you knocked some sense into me