The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: 1Ds mkIII

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

This is going to be slightly complicated so please bear with me! :D

Looking to buy a 1Ds mkIII. Still not forgiven myself for missing Jack Fleshers copy which he sold here recently! :). He sold a 1Ds mkIII with approx 8K clicks in mint condition, AF recall fix done, zero focusing problems, with RRS L plate and spare battery, including all costs and delivery for $3995. I'm looking to match that. There was a low count 1Ds mkIII on LuLa recently for $3650 to put it into perspective. I think I'm offering a good price.

I'm in the UK, I'm registered and verified paypal and can pay straight to a business via credit card if preferred. I've bought and sold on ebay under POMSBZ with perfect feedback, ditto on FM under BENI. The folks here know me and Bob (moderator) and Fotografz have sent stuff to me in the UK and can verify my address. My wedding business is run from the UK (www.studio-beni.net) and I can provide proof, etc.

Looking for a member of good standing on the forum with whom to do business, I'm not posting WTB on other forums, this amount of money on a transaction such as this, especially with a camera mark whose had such an 'interesting' history and reputation demands trust and I believe that I have it here and so do the members of this incredible forum.

I'll pay the full quoted UPS or Fedex to the UK, I'm paying full tax on it, nothing under the table.

I'm ready to confirm a sale from the 9th when canon are making an announcement. I'm assuming it's not the mk4 but want to have it confirmed before buying a mkIII at this price.

If you have a 32GB SD card to go with it then I'll take that as well, quote me a price.

Please PM me or let me know,

Beni

P.S. if anyone is interested why I'm upgrading, a small matter of a card going bad on me between camera and computer after a wedding, all the family formals gone save one. 7 weeks of pro recovery labs and they gave up even after sending it to the big boys in the states. I don't want or need 21 megapixels but I cannot however afford for this to happen again. I need a dual card FF camera and for various reasons neither a 1Ds mkII or a switch to nikon are on the cards. If anyone is interested in a 'beater' 5D for just £500 after this sale, it's had the focus zero'd in to my anal standards, new LCD screen on the back. Good camera, all my work on this site was done with it. It wasn't at fault for the card failure, the card had become physically warped after 4 years of hard use. My bad, I'm rotating my entire card collecion annually from now on...

Ben Rubinstein

FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF :D

Actually the iso isn't that great on it, even when downsized to match, iso 3200 equals my 5 year old 5D's and on the 5D it's not even a native iso. Test on FM showing that. The new firmware seems to have screwed up what was apparently a much improved focus system, posts cropping up about it..

Did I mention FF? :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Ben Rubinstein

5 hours to go to the Canon announcement, assuming that it isn't the 1Ds mk4 and I don't think it is, this WTB will go 'live' then.

Folks, if you don't have spare batteries, L plates or the camera has more clicks then please still do let me know and we can work something out, for example I could order an L plate, send it to you, you attach it to the camera and put it back in the box ready for shipping. Idea being that I don't have to pay shipping and duty twice, etc.

Ben Rubinstein

Ok, seems for all the hype canon's best shot is another entry level. Again to repeat, if you have any 1Ds mkIII at all that you're interested in selling then I want to hear from you!

Thanks folks

Ben Rubinstein

If shipping to the UK is a problem then I have an address in the US but would prefer not to have to do it that way. Heck knowing the good people on this forum I'll bet that I'd have plenty volunteers to act as a middle man! To repeat, I can confirm my address in the UK via paypal, my business website or the good people on GetDPI who have sent stuff to me, etc. I'll pay fully insured UPS/Fedex of course.

Ben Rubinstein

Interested in hearing from UK sellers too of course, shooting for the £3K mark as a 1Ds mkIII including paypal, UPS insured and tax/duties will still come to under £3K. If you're interested then let me know. If you're within about a 45 minute drive of Manchester then I can do a cash pick up.

Andrew Gough

I have one for sale, I can't get down to US $4000.00 with a RRS L clamp, extra battery, and 11,000 actuations, but I could get to US $4500 shipped on a Paypal E-check. Here is the Camera:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14237

I have the Rubber eye piece, its just not shown. My RRS L clamp is in great shape as well. Shipping from Canada would be insured and tracked. I am very busy until Thursday Feb 18th with a shoot, but I could ship Friday.

I have excellent feedback on Fredmiranda.com under my own name and on Ebay as imagexchangephotography.

Let me know.

Andrew

Ben Rubinstein

Sorry Andrew, I was too late yesterday on FM for a 1DS mkIII which went for $3650 paypalled and shipped, heck even with a new L bracket and battery it would still have been under $4000. Thanks anyway!

Ben Rubinstein

Looking more for the £3K mark, the price it would be from the states after shipping and VAT, etc, but many thanks, you guys looking out for me is why you and this forum are so great!