The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS:Crucial 128GB SSD drive

monza

Guy, what firmware rev is on it? I'm having problems with mine with 1916. I am going to send it back on RMA...might need a spare.

kipling

hi guy,
is the ssd drive meant for the card slot on the side of the macbook pro?
i have a 2.4 ghz intel core duo.
what exactly do you get from using it? will it boost photoshop speed?

thanks, kipling

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
No this is a real drive to replace your hard drive. Very quiet no moving parts, no heat issues and good at altitude plus very very fast boot times. It will help with photoshop as well.

Tim Gray

I know one isn't supposed to comment on pricing, but you did link to a (reliable) seller selling the same thing for $365 with free shipping and a warrantee. Am I missing something?

Guy Mancuso

B&H has it for 369 reason I lowered my price. I paid 429 from Newegg. Price on SSD drops sometimes and depending on vendor and stock they can drop it pretty heavy.

newegg is a very reliable vendor and been buying from them for years. OWC and Newegg are pretty much one of the best all around vendors for Mac stuff.

Forum member alerted me to the lower price at B&H so i lowered it, which was nice of them to do. As owner of the forum last thing I want is price gauging from ME. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Wow just noticed Newegg lowered there price from when I started this thread it was 415. Now 365.00

If anyone is interested make me a offer. Mine are only a month or two old.

Tim Gray

Wow just noticed Newegg lowered there price from when I started this thread it was 415. Now 365.00

If anyone is interested make me a offer. Mine are only a month or two old.
Haha, yeah. I was curious. I had no idea what they cost so I clicked on the link you provided. It all makes sense now that you said it was originally at $415.

They must be doing it just to f*** with you :D

monza

I bought mine at $299 and then flash prices went up, so it rocketed to $449. Glad to see the price going back down. :)