The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss ZF 28mm f/2 (Nikon mount)

panda81

Hello all,

It's a little embarrassing that my first post here is in the for sale forum because it's not my intention to use this forum only as another means for trading gear. But, I have bills to pay after buying some rangefinder gear that I probably should have waited on first :p (anyone selling their M9? ;) )

Anyway, I have a Zeiss ZF 28mm f/2 for sale, asking price is $800 total. I just discovered the joy of a personal payment option from Paypal last night, so I would really prefer if the buyer would use the personal payment option - it'll save a little for both of us. The lens is in mint condition from my last inspection, but I will double check again and take a few photos if you wish to see it (it's already packed up). The lens comes with the original box, hood, papers, and a B+W UV Haze filter.

I really love this lens because of its focal length on full frame cameras, and exhibits all the remarkable trademarks (sharpness, micro-contrast, beautiful and solid build quality) of Zeiss ZF glass. Here are examples of photos I have taken with this lens:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/panda81/tags/distagon282zf/
As mentioned before, the only reason why I'm selling this lens is because I am trying to change most of my gear into rangefinders, so I have to make some sacrifices.

It's only downfall is the slight field curvature that perhaps some people may have been surprised with, so that might be why it isn't as renowned as the mighty 21/35/50/100 ZF lenses. However, with this knowledge, you might be able to take advantage of field curvature with creative swirly shots similar to this (which may not a very good example): http://www.flickr.com/photos/panda81/3840457377/

As for myself, I have 100% positive feedback on Nikon Cafe (where I am a much more active member), Fred Miranda, Ebay, and have actually already interacted with a few folks in this forum already. In fact, I was introduced to this forum after a trading interaction with Tom in Mpls (hi Tom :) ).

Thanks for reading this ridiculously long for sale and hello to the forum post ;)

G

ggnidovic

Hi,

I just noticed your post on DPI.com. I don't suppose you still have that Zeiss 28 f2 ZF for sale, do you?

Is it stop down metering on a Nikon D700 with that lens?

Gary

[email protected]

panda81

Back up for sale. Prefer to sell to people with feedback either here, other forums, or Ebay (with photo-related purchases there).

H

hanoiboy

Flawless transaction and great communication... Thanks for the zeiss 28mm panda81.