The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ebony E45S

Anders_HK

I'm selling a mint condition Ebony E45S. It's only been used a few times. Camera is in Hong Kong. I've reference from this forum as well as ebay. Asking US$2,200 shipped to any location worldwide. Add 3% paypal fee if payment by paypal.

More information can be found from this link.

https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=49
Why so much???

Badger that you reference sells for 2695 USD --- brand new, w/warranty?

Most potential buyers in USA, adding CUSTOMS will be +$$$$???

I am Asia based - Malaysia and Hong Kong. Would be good see reasonable price on offer... :angel: Ebay already have some overpriced sellers from Hong Kong... no offense...

Shops on Kimberley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui offered how much???

Regards
Anders

Last edited:

yatlee

Anders,

I offered $2,200 shipped which is 20%+ off from the new one. The camera is in mint or near new condition. If you don't think this is reasonable, I'm sorry that I offended you. I'm not a professional trader/seller if that's what you're trying to imply. I bought this camera new from Badger. I agreed that I didn't consider the customs impact.

There are not a lot of used Ebony camera that I can compare price with. Again, if anyone is interesed, I'm happy to see if we can work our a deal. I have more than one 4x5. I just want to see if anyone would be interested in picking up a nice condition camera. If no taker, I'm as happy to keep the camera.

Regards,

Yat

Last edited:

trev2401

Why so much???

Badger that you reference sells for 2695 USD --- brand new, w/warranty?

Most potential buyers in USA, adding CUSTOMS will be +$$$$???

I am Asia based - Malaysia and Hong Kong. Would be good see reasonable price on offer... :angel: Ebay already have some overpriced sellers from Hong Kong... no offense...

Shops on Kimberley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui offered how much???

Regards
Anders

wow.... :eek:

Anders_HK

Anders,

I offered $2,200 shipped which is 20%+ off from the new one. The camera is in mint or near new condition. I'm not a professional trader/seller if that's what you're trying to imply. I bought this camera new from Badger. I agreed that I didn't consider the customs impact. There are not a lot of used Ebony camera that I can compare price with. Again, if anyone is interesed, I'm happy to see if we can work our a deal.

I have more than one 4x5. I just want to see if anyone would be interested in picking up a nice condition camera. If no taker, I'm as happy to keep the camera.

Regards,

Yat
This guy indeed sound honest!!! Please give him a fair chance @ FAIR price OFFER, considering thorough what the actual value is for this exact camera in location where you are, also including customs duties and used value.

Also consider that this world is GLOBAL --- I know Hong Kong, and for buying/selling large format it is Ebay and overseas market that rules. This said, folks in Hong Kong as general do like cameras. Shipping by HK Post Speedpost service will get you to USA or other place i matter of days and blazing fast! - insured as option, and of course with tracking #. All from my humbleness :thumbs:

Regards
Anders

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
As a point of education for all, it is considered in poor taste to question one's pricing publicly. If you don't like the price as listed, send a PM with an offer. Plus, if the asking price is too high, the free-market system will eventually work it out.

Finally, there is often a general lack of knowledge on behalf of the questioner... In fact, Ebony cameras tend to hold value very well, and 20% off new for a mint used one is pretty normal. (And even if it weren't, the free market again would correct it.) I've seen many of the models sell used for 90% new simply based on availability.

Carry on.

yatlee

As a point of education for all, it is considered in poor taste to question one's pricing publicly. If you don't like the price as listed, send a PM with an offer. Plus, if the asking price is too high, the free-market system will eventually work it out.

Finally, there is often a general lack of knowledge on behalf of the questioner... In fact, Ebony cameras tend to hold value very well, and 20% off new for a mint used one is pretty normal. (And even if it weren't, the free market again would correct it.) I've seen many of the models sell used for 90% new simply based on availability.

Carry on.
Thanks Jack.

Sales cancel.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, that very camera would be my 2nd choice, right behind the 45 SU -- which at 1/2 the price I might go for this one first anyway ;) This camera will handle 58 through 240 in normal flat boards, and of course a 300 easily in a top-hat extension board or rear extender, then shorter lenses in recessed boards.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack- You read my mind.:LOL: I was contemplating whether to sell this to get the 45 SU.
Well, having owned the 45SU, I can tell you the third, metal extension bed is nifty and rigid for its length, but I only ever used it for the 300 --- and the Ebony rear extension back, or one of those top-hat extension boards would be every bit as convenient. The rear asymmetrical swing and tilts are certainly nice, but not necessary to make the scheimpflug as we all know. So, this is a long way of saying that given the ~$2000 cost and ~ 1/2 Kilo weight savings of the 45S -- plus the fact you already own it -- it seems to be the most logical choice.