The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 28mm 2.0 asph FS

I have an opportunity to get a camera depending on raising some funds, and, reluctantly, I'm offering my mint, black, coded 28 cron for sale. I bought it new from Popflash 2 1/2 years ago or so. I bought a 35 lux hood for it which I think works great with less intrusion into the frame. The lens will come with a Leica IR filter, the 35 lux hood, it's own hood and all the original components and box. I'll require $3000 net to me, a very good price I think given that it's now $3995 new, without the extra hood and filter. Pictures if needed, but it looks exactly like a mint 28 cron, and satisfaction is guaranteed. If the lens doesn't sell quickly, I'll keep it as the camera won't last. thanks.....Peter

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: Leica 28mm 2.0 asph FS

Deal in confidence with Peter ... he's great to do business with.

Kurt

jonoslack

You had better get in quick, Peter has a way of changing his mind, and, to be quite honest, he'd be mad to sell this lens.

Buy it before he changes his mind.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Last lens sold before you sell the whole kit off is this lens. No one should be selling this lens unless they give up on RF. Best lens Leica ever made, or maybe better said the most important one.

jonoslack

Last lens sold before you sell the whole kit off is this lens. No one should be selling this lens unless they give up on RF. Best lens Leica ever made, or maybe better said the most important one.
And Peter isn't going out of RF . . .so he's obviously going to change his mind!

jonoslack

is that the sound of friends rescuing a temporarily insane buddy from hurting himself?
That's the one
. . . . . . and whilst it's very pretty, I just bought a lovely (never used) M7 a few weeks ago, and I've put a few films through it . . but I'd hate it if I'd swapped my 28 'cron for it!

. . . . . . it is pretty though . . . haven't you got a grandmother you could sell?

That's the one
. . . . . . and whilst it's very pretty, I just bought a lovely (never used) M7 a few weeks ago, and I've put a few films through it . . but I'd hate it if I'd swapped my 28 'cron for it!

. . . . . . it is pretty though . . . haven't you got a grandmother you could sell?
Well not quite, but I think I'm convinced to put up my lovely, lovely silver 24 elamrit at an irresistible price.... ;>) I won't get as much for it as the 28 cron, but it won't get as much use on my M9 as the 28. I'm going to post it now.....Peter

Guy Mancuso

Horse of a different color. That is just too damn sexy to resist. Yes i said sexy

Guy Mancuso

Regardless Peter the 28mm shoots images and that is the bottom line. This just holds film, it's out what front that counts.

dseelig

Before M9 fever hit this lens was going for2300 or so. Last March I got a 50 asph lux for 1900 with a uv ir and a uv leica filters both. No w the 50 is 3200 or so used waht a diff a full frame m9 makes.

JPlomley

Interesting thread. I have both the 24 Elmarit Asph and the 28 Cron and I find the 24 to be superior in resolution to the 28, quite noticeably so. I find that as elements in the scene become increasingly small, the extra resolution of the 24mm is actually quite beneficial, even when cropping to a 28mm field-of-view. If it were not for the f:2 of the 28 Cron, I would have ditched mine long ago.