The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica 28mm Summicron f/2

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I am selling my Leica 28mm Summicron f/2. This is my best lens and it is in perfect condition (glass, body). The hood has never been used. The lens is 6-bit coded. The lens comes complete with both caps, hood, leather case and box. $2900 shipped to US. I will accept a money order or paypal echeck (will ship when it clears.)

woodyspedden

I am selling my Leica 28mm Summicron f/2. This is my best lens and it is in perfect condition (glass, body). The hood has never been used. The lens is 6-bit coded. The lens comes complete with both caps, hood, leather case and box. $2900 shipped to US. I will accept a money order or paypal echeck (will ship when it clears.)
Cindy

I am so confused. The only reason one would part with this lens is if the M8 was now not part of his/her future. The 28 Cron is one of the truly great lenses so why would you part with it now.

Sorry if I seem paranoid but it doesn't mean they're not after you!!!!

woody

David K

Workshop Member
Gosh, for a while you couldn't find one of these for love of money. I'm a 24-35-50 mm guy or I'd be all over this.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
If mine was being sold than you should just consider me dead. About the only thing that would make me part with mine unless i sold the whole system. That would be nuts

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I know it is a much nicer lens than my 35 v4 cron, but I find myself using the 35 cron more often. I was trying to simplify my lenses into a 35-50-75 kit (with CV 15 and 21, too).

Maybe I should give this some more thought.:bugeyes:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
At the risk of being branded a traitor ... if you aren't using it, free up the funds to find something else that might serve you better and don't look back. :D

The 35's on the M8 may just suit you better. For me, even though I had the 28cron, I found myself always reaching for my 35lux.

Kurt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes i agree for many people you have to find the lens cap for many it maybe the 28 and others the 35. But the key is these two lenses to build around. It is what i always recommend find which one is that lens cap. For 35 folks than you can gap the lenses like 15,24,35,75 and for the 28 users 12,21,28,50 and either 75 or 90, i fit in the 28 category. But the key is if you are seeing better and using more in 35mm lens than the 28 is redundant it is so close. I actually sold my 35 cron v because i simply was not using it enough and it was too close to 28 and 50 so I sacrificed it for other gear. Common theme lately:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Woody, David, Guy, Terry, Jack and Kurt for your take on selling this lens. I have thought hard about this for a long time. When I look at shots from the 28, I know that they have a certain look that is magic, but when I take out a lens, it is the 35 that I choose most often.
I'm going to compare them one more time, but I think I will be taking Kurt's advice.

dseelig

HI Cindy I would shoot with it a bit more and in hearing your lenses,if you decide to sell I would look for a wate but I lost more then one shot because of the voigt 15 not being rangefinder coupled. Just my 2 cents I would sell the voigt and the 21 as well get one package that is more compact for the wide end. You can find wates used for around 4 grand David

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you David for your thoughts. I tried the WATE once and found it too clinical, but may give it another look. I'm pretty happy with the CV 15 though. I think if anything, I would go for the CV 12.