The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTT (EU): Sinar eMotion 54 LV/Contax Adapter vs. Nikon D3/24-70 2.8 or ?

carstenw

I bought this digital back from the original owner, still under warranty, less than a year ago, thinking I would use it for fine art photography, but I ended up re-discovering film instead. The back comes with a Contax adapter, but other adapters are available from Sinar, of course, and there might be some way to swap adapter at a small cost.

Rather than watch my investment slowly going down the drain without being used much, I am *considering* what kinds of interesting trades I could make, with minimal cash changing hands.

The back I bought for around €5000, and I estimate its value still at around €4500. I am looking for a FF Nikon DSLR (D700 and up), with one or more lenses, depending on the camera. The value should be within the same ballpark as the Sinar e54, judging by second-hand prices on eBay Germany, for near-new equipment with original packaging (sorry, no beaters, and I want that packaging). Still under warranty is a big plus.

My most interesting thought so far has been a Nikon D3 with 24-70/2.8 zoom + €800 (D3: 2500 + 24-70: 1200 + 800 = 4500).

Other interesting trades: D3x used no lens, D3s new/new-ish no lens, D700 + 24-70 + 14-24 + cash, etc. Lenses I am interested in:

14-24
24-70
70-200/2.8 II
85/1.4
Zeiss 100/2 Macro
Zeiss 50 Macro

Make me an interesting offer based on or around the above, but keep in mind, I am looking to get about €4500 or second-hand eBay value out of this, so whatever your interesting offer, the difference (in either direction) will be in cash.

I am interested only in a European exchange, due to shipping and customs, or if someone wants to show up in person, that is fine too.

Please post your offers in this thread, I do not wish to barter via PM.

I will post some shots of the kit in the coming days. The case is there (Pelican-like), plus all accessories, charger, two batteries, etc.