The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: 35mm Summicron

Salviotti

Hi all,

I'm looking for a nice 35 Summicron to go with an M8 that I'm about to get. It doesn't have to be an ASPH as I am budget minded.

Thanks!

Ron (Netherlands)

There are apart from the asph, four types. If you are doing more in b&w I would certainly go for the nr. I. The others are nice as well, and the nr. IV is supposed to render better OOF, and therefore will render higher prices. Number I btw also very wanted by collectors and therefore also higher in price. If price counts then nr. II and III are good starters.

A

ankit

Is there a link that discusses the differences between the different versions? Also, what is the "going price" for the different versions?

hulk, Carterofmars: how much are you asking for? I might also be interested.

Ron (Netherlands)

Is there a link that discusses the differences between the different versions? Also, what is the "going price" for the different versions?

hulk, Carterofmars: how much are you asking for? I might also be interested.

Here is some info:

http://www.antiquecameras.net/35summicronmlenses.html and of course some discussion threads on the different leica and rff sites...

My advise would be to take the nr. I and V (the asph) and you are all set and done for each type of photo. If you want to stay with only one lens but want to have sharpness and contrast that comes near the asph combined with the bokeh of the nr. I, take the nr. IV, i.e. if price is no problem. If price would be your problem you'll probably end up with a nr. II or III which have the same lens construction, better contrast than nr. I, but less attractive bokeh and less resolution.

Last edited: