Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Leica M6 TTL .58 plus Luigi case & strap

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Leica M6 TTL .58 plus Luigi case & strap

Iím selling my beautiful M6 TTL with the .58 viewfinder. This is the Leica for those who wear glasses or just like to shoot wide. I wear glasses and love it with a 35mm lens. Serial number is 2720xxx.

The camera is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. From a cosmetic point of view, the only difference that I can see from a new camera is a minute scratch on the top edge of the back door. This camera has been kept in a Luigi half case. The plastic is still on the bottom plate.

Mechanically it is also excellent. This past summer I felt that the viewfinder vertical alignment was a bit off. This didnít effect the focusing, but it did bother me. I drove up to Sherry Krauterís to have her adjust the viewfinder and check all the shutter speeds. The camera now works flawlessly. BTW, if you get a chance to visit Sherry, you should. Youíll get a real Leica education thrown in with the repair work. Sheís also a lot of fun.

Okay, so if this is such a great camera why am I selling it? Simple, I decided to go medium format and, staying with my love of rangefinders, I bought a Mamiya 7ii. The M6 is not getting any use and I can use the cash for my never-ending GAS attacks. However, this is not a fire sale and if the M6 stays around for a while itís not a problem.

In addition to the M6 TTL, Iím selling the black Luigi half case and Luigi adjustable strap that I used with the camera. This is the version with the built in grip. The case is in very good condition. There are no scuffs to the leather and it is just beginning to develop that beautiful patina that good leather gets with handling. The strap is also in very good condition but does show some signs of use since I often kept it wrapped around my wrist while shooting.

The camera come with the presentation case, outer box, instruction manual in German, the Leica strap in its original wrapping (never opened), and other papers that were packed with camera. Iím also throwing in extra batteries and a couple of rolls of film.

My price for the package is $ 1,500. The camera alone is $1,350 and the case and strap is $ 200. However, I wonít sell the case alone unless the camera alone sells first. Insured shipping in the US is $ 25. Verified PayPal addresses only. Iíll pick-up the PayPal charges if you buy the full $1,500 package.

Iím located in Fairfield County, CT and local pick-up can be arranged here or in Manhattan. Local pick-up saves you the shipping and me the PayPal costs, plus you get to handle the camera before you buy. You can check my feedback on ebayÖ boxster00.

Thanks for reading this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Leica M6 TTL .58 plus Luigi case & strap

Does this have the MP finder upgrade by any chance?

Post Thanks / Like

No it does not.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't sell the case i would be interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bradmill, I'll keep you in mind.

Mike

InHisImage

Would it be possible to ship the camera to Israel, provided all the expenses covered and details clarified?

Post Thanks / Like

Sale pending

ahuyevshi

See you Monday!!!! Can't wait!