The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: CF39-H mount - warranty expires May 2010

rhsu

The unit is showing 645 activation.

Warranty until May 2010. I know you can extend warranty under CPP before the said expiration date. But please check with them as they keep changing the rules.

Looks new - clean sensor. Just recently returned from Denmark [u]because someone wanted to buy with peace of mind[/u] - but sale fell through because it took TOO long for the unit to return from Denmark (2 months)! Both ended up purchasing Phase.

Asking US$13,900 or best offer. Please PM me.

tjv

Good luck with the sale, it's a pity the one you had lined up fell through.
I'd love to help you out but my credit card company would knock on my door.

tjv

I'd swap you my first born, how about that? It might be you that's waiting for that to happen though...

fotografz

Is this a CF or CFH back? CFs can be used on other cameras using different iAdapters, CFHs cannot, and only work on a H2 or H2F camera.

-Marc

rhsu

Is this a CF or CFH back? CFs can be used on other cameras using different iAdapters, CFHs cannot, and only work on a H2 or H2F camera.

-Marc
Hi Marc,

This is a CF39 with H-iAdapter mount. NOT CFH whereas you CANNOT change the mount (you are correct).

You can get different adapters ie "V" mount - which at the time thinking of getting the arTec because the latter did not offer "H" mount - but now they do.

I was told you can get a MS iAdapter as well. This is a Single-shot iAdapter.

I thought you use a Phase?

fotografz

Hi Marc,

This is a CF39 with H-iAdapter mount. NOT CFH whereas you CANNOT change the mount (you are correct).

You can get different adapters ie "V" mount - which at the time thinking of getting the arTec because the latter did not offer "H" mount - but now they do.

I was told you can get a MS iAdapter as well. This is a Single-shot iAdapter.

I thought you use a Phase?
Nope, Hassey for many years. I'm looking for a reasonably priced back for my H2F .... but I would like to also use it on a RZ (Hassey makes another additional adapter for H to RZ).

Okay, I understand it's a CF back ... but the MS iAdapter threw me again.

Is this a MS back or a single shot? A MS iAdapter would only work on a MS back ... right?

-Marc

rhsu

Nope, Hassey for many years. I'm looking for a reasonably priced back for my H2F .... but I would like to also use it on a RZ (Hassey makes another additional adapter for H to RZ).

Okay, I understand it's a CF back ... but the MS iAdapter threw me again

Is this a MS back or a single shot? A MS iAdapter would only work on a MS back ... right?

-Marc
This is a single-shot iAdapter. I was told by Hasselblad that a MS iAdapter can be fitted and re-aligned BUT MUST BE DONE BY THEM. Unlike the single-shot adapter which comes with the relevant metal shims for different cameras.

This is the ONLY DB on the market that allows people with different cameras (such as you) to use the same DB by merely changing the iAdapter. This is why they charge premium price on this.

Please check with them again regarding MS-iAdapter as they do keep changing what can be done and what is no longer can be done.

Can you please PM me for further information? I've PM you further details.

Many thanks...

Last edited:

FromJapan

Does it then become a multishot back? Can all Imacon/Hasselblad backs be fitted with such an adapter? Conversely, does a multishot become single shot when fitted with a regular adapter?

Kumar

rhsu

Does it then become a multishot back? Can all Imacon/Hasselblad backs be fitted with such an adapter? Conversely, does a multishot become single shot when fitted with a regular adapter?

Kumar
Hey Kumar

How are you!? Hope you are well.

Please check with Hasselblad. Safe because they keep changing what can be done and what cannot/no longer be done.

:)

fotografz

Kumar
A Multishot back is different from a single shot back.

Just adding an adapter doesn't change that. It is a Multishot unit that has to be added to a single shot back at the factory which is very expensive. Once a back is converted to a MS, it can be use in MS Mode and Single Shot mode.

FromJapan

That's what I thought, but Richard's comment about adding a MultiShot iAdapter prompted me to ask the question. I believe Hasselblad/Imacon did offer an upgrade to MS for the 96C and 132C. I do not know whether it is still offered.

Kumar

Dustbak

Euh.... you can use a i-adapter on either a multishot back or a singleshot back. There is no difference in adapters for multi or single. There also used to be adapters that were only suitable for 36x36 backs, obviously those don't fit on the 37x49backs. There are different V-mount adapters. With no-contact, 1-set of contacts & 2 sets of contacts.

When necessary you can use shims. I have never needed to do so.

There was once an upgrade for 132's and 96's to be fitted with an multishot unit. I have never been able to find out if they would actually change your back or get you another. Costs at that time were around 3K euros. I am not aware of a current service for changing your CF to a CF MS back.

fotografz

Euh.... you can use a i-adapter on either a multishot back or a singleshot back. There is no difference in adapters for multi or single. There also used to be adapters that were only suitable for 36x36 backs, obviously those don't fit on the 37x49backs. There are different V-mount adapters. With no-contact, 1-set of contacts & 2 sets of contacts.

When necessary you can use shims. I have never needed to do so.

There was once an upgrade for 132's and 96's to be fitted with an multishot unit. I have never been able to find out if they would actually change your back or get you another. Costs at that time were around 3K euros. I am not aware of a current service for changing your CF to a CF MS back.
I don't know about converting CF or CF-II backs to MS as of this time. You can convert a H3D-II/39 to MS ... but is sure isn't $4,000.

It is actually less expensive to hunt down a MS back on its own.

Marc

rhsu

I don't know about converting CF or CF-II backs to MS as of this time. You can convert a H3D-II/39 to MS ... but is sure isn't $4,000.

It is actually less expensive to hunt down a MS back on its own.

Marc
Thanks for those info! :p

At the end of the day, the CF DB has interchangeable iAdapter to V, M, H and who knows what's out there - thus one of the advantages! This is the only ONE up with other DBs for those owning other types of cameras, such as you. But make sure you get the "right" shims as "some" just aren't as "thick" as other - no dig intended...:ROTFL: