The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Complete Macbook Pro 2.4ghz Unibody Kit Tons of extras.

Well I'm finally selling my macbook pro. I don't use it as much since I've gotten my 27" so It is time to sell to fund other things.

First off. I am open to partial trades w/ Canon L glass. Specifically fast primes. i.e. 35mm f/1.4, 50mm f/1.2 135mm f/2 or a 70-200mm f/2.8 IS.

Here is the video showing the computer:
http://vimeo.com/10141867

If you are going to buy outright I would like a USPS money order. Selling this to Conus Only. - Wanting $1750 for the whole lot. (SSD drive with $500 when I got it)

This is a unibody model, the late 2008 w/ dual graphics cards a 2.4 gHz core2duo and the expresscard/34.

I would list the specs but it is easier to just give a link:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/stats/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.4-aluminum-15-late-2008-unibody-specs.html

** I have installed a 128GB SSD Drive which just screams! Faster in many ways than my quad-core 27" mac. I also have the original 500 gb 5400 rpm drive in a FW800 enclosure that I am including in the sale.

**There is 2 more years of apple care left!

** I am including 2 power adaptors, an expresscard/34 esata adaptor and SD Card reader.

**BRAND New battery just replaced under apple care last month!

**Coming with a SFBags waterfield neoprene sleeve - $70 dollar awesome sleeve.

**Including the original restore DVDs along with iLife '09 install DVDs and the snow leopard install DVD, as well as "billings" which is a great program for time management for photographers. ($100 dollars new!)

Computer is in excellent condition save a few table-related scratches on the bottom and the usual key-marks on the screen. Has never been dropped, liquid stained or used by children.

If you send me a PM or email, I'd be happy to send high res pics. Also I am posting a video shot with the 7d showing the computer. I will link this in a few.

Re: Complete Macbook Pro 2.4ghz Unibody Kit Tons of extras.

Thanks @DougDolde. Yes, the equivalent dual-graphics card with both display adaptors, 128gb SSD, extra power adaptor, and applecare is about $2449 on the apple store + tax.

Including the sfbags.com sleeve, and 500gb Drive + FW800 Enclosure, SD Card Reader and eSATA adaptor is just a free bonus to the lucky buyer!!

I think I've priced it fair, but feel free to make an offer if anyone thinks otherwise.

I also might add that the SSD is a G Skill Falcon with 300 MBps throughput not the crappy 80 MBps SSD that you buy when you get a SSD from apple.

Bites but no takes, If you are worried about my feedback, I have 599 100% on ebay with name "contempoaudio" I also have references here on getdpi as well as FMForums.

Would consider trade with the following:

1) Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS or Non-IS
2) Canon 300mm f/4 IS
3) Canon 100-400

4) Gitzo Tripod
5) High Quality Fluid Ball Head
6) 580 EX I or II

7) PortaBrace Bags
8) Think tank Bags

Partial or full trade depending on what you have. You must be a established member of this forum or another for a trade offer. Thanks and good night!

LarryWomack

I can't believe no one has jumped on this set up. I just added a 128GB Apple SSD to my 13.3" UniBody MacBook and it sure has made a difference. Come on, some one take this off Dan's hands.

Larry

Thanks @Larry. *Edit* I will take paypal, but you will be responsible for fees and shipping charges. Thanks! Dan

Let's get this sold!

T

thinkfloyd

Very nice price... too bad I'm from the Philippines and shipping charges (with customs and duties) would be a drag... bump for you!

jam51

I purchased a tripod from Dan on FM. Great seller.

One last shot -
$1500 w/o the SSD.

I'll keep the SSD and put the original 500 GB 7200 RPM drive in.

or
$1625 w/ SSD and free Fedex Ground insured shipping.

If it doesn't sell today or tomorrow it's going on ebay.