Site Sponsors

Thread: "Abandon Hope" super special: Mamiya ZD camera

Post Thanks / Like

"Abandon Hope" super special: Mamiya ZD camera

If you've been wanting to try medium format digital but your banker or significant other won't let you take out that second mortgage, here's the camera for you.

I'm offering my Mamiya ZD camera for sale. This is the integrated camera, not the ZD back - put on a lens and you're ready to go.

This body shows a fair amount of cosmetic wear. You can see some of it in the pictures. What you can't see is that there are some fine abrasions on the LCDs, both on the rear of the camera and on top. However, this has no impact on clarity of the displays.

Most important, this body is just back from an overhaul at the Mamiya service center in Tokyo.

The kit for sale includes a body cap, dual charger, three batteries, original software disk and software manual, and quick-start guide. (I've not tried the Mamiya software myself - both ACR and Capture One will open the files from this camera.)

I don't have the main instruction manual for the camera. However, most of the controls and menus should be easy to figure out for anyone with substantial DSLR experience. Also, the camera controls are mostly similar to those of the Mamiya AFD cameras and the digital controls are similar to those of the ZD back, and you can download both of those manuals free from the Mamiya US site.

Price is $2995 (yes, I took off the extra $5 so the first digit would be "2" instead of "3" ). The price includes insured shipping within the continental US. I will ship elsewhere, but only by fully insured express service, cost to be added.

I have some Mamiya lenses that I will offer at attractive prices to the buyer of the camera. (Don't get too excited - there aren't any premium "D" lenses, just some usable AF and MF stuff that could get you started for not much money if you don't already have some Mamiya glass.) However, you're welcome to buy just the camera body at this price if that's all you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Abandon Hope" super special: Mamiya ZD camera

Gone to eBay - this listing closed. Thanks!