Site Sponsors

Thread: C/Y Zeiss

rachp

C/Y Zeiss

I have a couple of excellent condition Contax Zeiss lenses for sale. I don't use paypal but I will accept personal checks (clear before shipping) or USPS money order. I can provide references from other sites - I am fairly new here.

1. Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm f1.4 MM Japan: very small marks on the filter ring, glass is clean. Includes C/Y to EOS adapter, Canon rear cap, 67/86 ring, Metal hood 4 and K84 cap. Asking $775 shipped/insured

2. Carl Zeiss F-Distagon 16mm f2.8 AE: lens is in almost perfect condition with only tiny mark on the ring where the lens cap sits, glass is clean. Includes C/Y to EOS adapter, Canon rear cap, Contax fisheye front cap. Asking $950 shipped/insured.

rachp

Re: C/Y Zeiss

Price drop on the 85mm to $600 shipped/insured.

AnthonyR

Hi, do you have any photos taken at 1.4 I could view? Thanks.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

How do you find focusing the 85/1.4 on the Canon? Do you use a split image screen?

rachp

Focusing was easy on Canon 40D & 5D - I did not use a split screen. I don't have any f1.4 samples on hand. The 85 is pending payment.

rachp

The 16mm is still available. I would consider trades for M mount wides or Nikon mount CV 40mm and 20mm.

Post Thanks / Like

16Zeiss
    Maybe you should consider keeping a Canon body just for that lens?
    I have a 50 Nikkor f1.2 Ai, and a 105 Micro Nikkor f4. Would you be interested in a partial trade toward the 16Zeiss?

Best,
    Giorgio Niro

PS, I also have an Elinchrom RX1200 mono to trade.

rachp

Hi! The lens is almost worth staying with a Canon body! I can use it on my GH-1 and it is wonderful on it - just not fishy... Thanks for the trade offers but I have 50mm and up pretty much covered. I am looking for 20-40mm, tho Or, a Nikon 70-300 VR....

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
    16Zeiss
    Maybe you should consider keeping a Canon body just for that lens?
    I have a 50 Nikkor f1.2 Ai, and a 105 Micro Nikkor f4. Would you be interested in a partial trade toward the 16Zeiss?

Best,
    Giorgio Niro

PS, I also have an Elinchrom RX1200 mono to trade.

rachp

The 85mm is sold. One more try on the 16mm....