The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax and Hasselblad Lenses

David K

Workshop Member
Now that my Aptus 75S is sold and my Hy6 is coming in I need to sell some lenses to minimize the overlap in focal lengths between systems. As far as Contax lenses go I will be selling these:

Contax 35 3.5 Distagon $2000
Contax 45 2.8 Distagon $1000
Contax 55 3.5 Distagon $1800
Contax 140 2.8 Sonnar $1000
Contax 210 4.0 Sonnar $1000
Contax 1.4x Mutar $1200
Contax Mam-1 adapter $ 500

Hasselblad Lenses for sale:

Hasselblad 50 2.8 FE Distagon $1000
Hasselblad 180 CFE 4.0 Sonnar $1800
Hasselblad 250 5.6 SA $3500

Couple of things to mention... the Mam-1 adapters (I have several) are available on a priority basis to the purchasers of the Hasselblad lenses. Same thing for the 1.4x Mutar. This is offered on a priority basis to the purchaser of the Contax 210 and is a dream combination if you need the reach. The 210 is actually sharper with the mutar than without it. If I have any adapters left after selling the lenses they will be available to anyone. Second, if someone is interested in my Contax 45-90 4.5 Vario Sonnar at a price of $3700 I will consider selling it but then need to keep the Contax 55 listed above. If anyone thinks this is a lot of money for lenses... go price some of the Schneider and Rollei lenses... Holy sticker shock, Batman. I'll post some photos of this gear over the course of the next few days.

gogopix

Subscriber
Dear David

Still keeping some Contax? even for sentmental purposes?

For prospective buyers, I can tell you I have every one of these lenses and will NOT be parting withem! :D (including thew HB) Very attractive prices too, considering the recent resurgence of Contax interest here.

Anyway, I may be looking at the Hy6 as well as backup, but only to get a SInar so I can switch to Contax plus Hy6 with the same back.

David which back are you getting for the Hy6?

regards
Victor

David K

Workshop Member
Victor,
I will be getting the adapter to shoot the Contax 645 on the Sinar kit. Just waiting for Thierry to confirm that the current adapters will be fully functional with the latest and greatest e75 which will be released in the next few weeks (the one with the larger sensor, upgraded electronics, etc). The Contax lenses I am selling represent focal lengths that I have covered. For example, I've got the Hasselblad 30mm fisheye which is as good as the superb Contax 35. Also, the 45 and 55 are covered with my zoom, which I love for shooting fashion in studio. The 140, which is a great portrait lens, is not a focal length I find myself using often. I prefer the Hassey 110 f/2 FE. The 210 will be replaced with the Rollei version 180 2.8 at many times the price. The 250 SuperAcromat is the one lens I have reservations about selling, but I still have the 350 SuperAcromat which is now fetching stratospheric prices (I've been offered $8k but am keeping it). The Hasselblad lenses are, as you know, superb but I am going to go with the Rollei version 50 2.8 and the 180 2.8. Thus, even after the sale I have much to shoot with on the Contax as well as a full complement of lenses for the Hy6. I may also get the Sinar adapter for the Hasselblad 200 series which will then allow me to shoot these wonderful lenses without adapter. With all this gear switching, i now know what Guy must feel like :)