The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm f2 (v.3) with Orig. hood...Near perfect!

D&A

Hi All,

I have one too many 35mm lenses and I searched long and hard to find a pre asph Leica 35mm lens, Version 3 has a rendition quite like ver 4 (bokeh king) but most consider it the best built of the pre asph Leica 35's. Focusing is perfect on both an M8.2 and M9.

This lens is in spectacular condition. Looking through the lens, and all the glass is near flawless...crystal clear, no dust, marks etc! Focusing is extremely smooth and cosmetically, the barrel shows very little wear, especially considering its age. F-Stops ring clicks firmly with each f-stop. Blades are free of oil etc. If I had to find anything worth mentioning, it would be when stopping down the lens, one can see a discoloration in one small area on the blades. Has absolutely no effect of any kind...just thought I'd mention it.

*** In one of the posted picstures, it looks like some white letters on the lens is slightly faded...it's not! Its just reflection of the lighting used to take images. All imprinted letters and numbers on the lens are sharp and bright with almost no wear (to any letter or number).

Lens comes with the Original Leica 12585H hood. what makes this hood unique, is there was a 12585 hood for Leica 35mm f2 lenses but Lecia made this updated hood for this lens, to prevent the rare occurrence of light falloff in the corners...and a bit difficult to find this correct original hood. Hood is in extremely nice condition...a few very tiny marks and a couple of the ussual tiny chips on teh hood edge and one very faint scratch from what I can see. In addition if you look straight down into the hood very closely...you might detect the slightest small out-of-round "flat" spot...extremely hard to notice and one has to look farily close to notice...has no effect of course.

Lens also comes with original front cap, and rear cap that I'm not sure if original Leica or not. I am also including a mint (LN) Helipan e39mm UV filter. As you can see on the rear mount, I've hand coded it for the Leica M8/M9 with a sharpe marker (easily wipes off if you want).

Price is $995.00 for everything (net to me) plus actual shipping/insurance costs. A great lens with a beautiful rendition. Of course I have brought & sold here on GetDpi and all the other usual forums with perfect success and have over 1300 pure positive feedbacks on ebay in over 10 years. Thanks for your interest.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
A

abenner

The v3 is an excellent lens and this sample looks nice. Good luck with the sale.

D&A

Thanks abenner, your kind words are appreciated and thank you to everyone who inquired and had an interest in this lens. This lens is now sold.

Dave (D&A)