The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: LNIB Nikon 180/2.8

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I have a Nikon Telephoto Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D AF ED-IF Autofocus Lens for sale. I purchased the lens new from B&H 6 weeks ago. I have used the lens a total of three times but decided I am going to upgrade to the 200VR. The lens is perfect, so here is a way for you to save a few dollars on a "new" lens.

PRICE: $600 and I'll cover Paypal and shipping.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just knew you would do this. LOL

I have the same lens and it works a charm. Terry may want this

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
It's a great lens ... and, quite a compact, low-cost bargain when compared to the 200VR. I've again fallen prey to the seduction of a faster lens ...

woodyspedden

Just in case you are wondering if it works good
Hey Guy

Maybe it is just me but these head shots don't have the usual Mancuso look that I have seen with your M8 and DMR files. Was it the lighting or is there an inherent difference with the Nikon files? Just doesn't seem to have the pop that I associate with your work. Just curious

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Well there shot in open shade , so there is no directional light so they will be flatter looking

David K

Workshop Member
Guy,
The first and third shots look like these guys are answering the question: How big is your longest lens :)

Guy Mancuso

LOL that is it to be honest after 180 i really don't need anything. I am going for a longer lens on the ZD though maybe a 300. Still building that kit . I have 35,55,80,150 but looking at 200 , 210 and 300 apo

fotografz

LOL that is it to be honest after 180 i really don't need anything. I am going for a longer lens on the ZD though maybe a 300. Still building that kit . I have 35,55,80,150 but looking at 200 , 210 and 300 apo
Buy my AF210 APO Guy. I't like new and shoots real good ... : -)

gogopix

Subscriber
Hey Guy

Maybe it is just me but these head shots don't have the usual Mancuso look that I have seen with your M8 and DMR files. Was it the lighting or is there an inherent difference with the Nikon files? Just doesn't seem to have the pop that I associate with your work. Just curious

Woody
now that's sold I have to admit I agree with Woody and Robert
the shots are pretty good,....... for a Nikon!:D

So, woody, why again are you selling all that sterling R gear?

Guy Mancuso

now that's sold I have to admit I agree with Woody and Robert
the shots are pretty good,....... for a Nikon!:D

So, woody, why again are you selling all that sterling R gear?
For a cheap Nikon Victor real cheap in price. There not bad at all.

gogopix

Subscriber
You bet; Nikon isnt trying to be Leica, it is trying to beat Canon. Somehow, even 40 years ago I saw more in Nikkors than Canon glass (Nikon was my first SLR)

and, from what I see these D300 and D3's are doing it and the VR lenses get some shoits we would likely NOT EVEN GET with the Leica's.

Stuart Richardson

I am glad this lens sold...I didn't want to be tempted. Guy, since you have this, and I know you used to have the 180/2 APO from Leica, and I am wondering how they compare. I have the 180/2.8 APO and I gather that both the Leicas are similar. I don't expect the inexpensive non-APO Nikon to be able to best the Leica, but I am curious as to how much difference there is.