The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS/FT: Leica 90mm M APO 6-bit

John Black

Leica 90mm Summicron-M APO
$2250 Shipped & Paypal'd in the US using the Paypal "Gift" Option

I bought the Leica 90 M APO awhile back along with a 90mm Summarit, a 75 APO and a 100 ZE (Canon gear). My intentions were to compare and select 1 or 2. Right now I do not have time to do such a comparison, so I've decided to stick with 75 APO on the M - mainly because the 90mm's are difficult for me to focus (my eyes are slowly getting worse...)

The 90mm Summicron-M APO just came back from DAG having its focus adjusted along with a minor repair. All is fixed now and the lens is like new. Focus is very light and smooth. This is my second 90 APO and the first one's focus ring was much stiffer. This 90mm is smooth, even and really a joy to use. The aperture ring clicks easily into each 1/2 stop with no wiggle or play. The lens itself is in mint condition. There is no paint loss on the barrel or body. Glass is clean with no scratch or cleaning marks. The lens looks like new. Its serial number is 399xxxx

The 90mm is an original 6-bit coded lens. The 90mm comes with its box, caps, case and instruction. One of the white foam inserts is missing from the box, but I doubt that would trouble anyone.

I'll consider trading the 90mm APO for a 28mm Summicron APO (6-bit boded, mint, like-new in box with a recent serial number) plus some cash coming from me to you. The lens is also available for outright purchase for $2250.