The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NOT selling Now: Leica M9 like new 3 months old

tom in mpls

I am considering taking a breather from the Leica world. I have a black M9 that has been updated to the new firmware. The camera is a beauty, showing absolutely no signs of wear that I can see anywhere. It has had a Giottos SP8250 cover on the LCD since I got it. I purchased it new from an authorized Leica dealer on 1/29/10. The camera is wonderful, and has no issues at all, but I discovered that I have only taken a few hundred shots and for this reason think it makes little sense for me at this time.

Included will be the original box, all of the originally included items, and my original sales receipt.

Please see my feedback here and also my 80+ feedbacks at fredmiranda. I have a reputation for honesty in my descriptions of items for sale; since this camera looks exactly like any brand new M9 (except for the addition of the LCD cover) I am posting no photos.

I will pay for insured shipping via USPS Express Mail (usually overnight delivery).

$6900 with eCheck or add 3% for regular paypal.

Last edited:

panda81

Re: FS Leica M9 like new 3 months old

good luck with your sale tom!

+1 for tom's honesty - i purchased a 50mm Summilux ASPH from him and his description was spot on (perfect condition).

wjlapier

Leica Fever!

Good luck with the sale. If that 50 lux asph was sold recently, it sure is getting around ;)

Ron (Netherlands)

Holy crap, three M9's offered here within 3 days, wish I was at the other side of the pond (hard to find one in Europe)!

LoSenior

Tom, Best wishes on the sale of your M9.

+1 for Tom, I bought a ZA 1635 from him and it was in like new condition as listed .
Tom is a great guy to buy from.

Regards,Jerry

ohdannyboy

If I didn't already have a black one, I would've bought it from Tom.

Tom - too bad it's not a steel grey...I'm still looking for one of those.

G

Gartophocus

Got a lens from Tom. Just as described. Got any more lens tom? :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

:thumbs: for Tom - very nice person to deal with.

Good luck with the sale.

tom in mpls

Leica Fever!

Good luck with the sale. If that 50 lux asph was sold recently, it sure is getting around ;)
You are touching on one of my "problems". I had a silver 50 lux, but sold it to buy your black 50 lux. I seem to spend more energy on getting gear than using gear. Thus I need to reassess what the heck photography means to me.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Tom, You took some very nice photos. I'm thinking of your family in Charleston and also the cat by the door (with the M8).

tom in mpls

Thank you, Cindy. I have captured a few nice shots along the way. And I do remain ambivalent about this decision. I'm either going to sell it...or buy another lens!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Thank you, Cindy. I have captured a few nice shots along the way. And I do remain ambivalent about this decision. I'm either going to sell it...or buy another lens!
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: You may find it easier to get used to rangefinder shooting if you just use one lens exclusively for a while. It is very liberating just taking an M and one lens out for the day.

ohdannyboy

You are touching on one of my "problems". I had a silver 50 lux, but sold it to buy your black 50 lux. I seem to spend more energy on getting gear than using gear. Thus I need to reassess what the heck photography means to me.
Tom - I'm sure even Picasso had a favorite special brush. The tools for an artist are just as important to the art created. Don't lose your way. :)

tom in mpls

Moderator please change the title of this thread to "Withdrawn". Or "Hah! I knew he'd change his mind."

I can't do it. I-must-keep-it.

So who wants to sell me a black 35 cron ASPH 6-bit coded?

Last edited:

I think you will be happy you reconsidered selling your M9. Cindy makes a good point about shooting just one lens for a while. It is a good way to change-up how you look at making an image.

tom in mpls

I really shoot only the 50 now. I do like the idea of a single "fixed lens" camera.

ohdannyboy

I knew you'd come around Tom! :) Glad you're back!

BTW, I might have sell my 35 cron ASPH. I'm trying to decide between the v4 and the ASPH right now. I'll let you know.