The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Canon LTM 50mm f1.2 with hood

mjm6

Hi folks,

I have this Canon 50mm f1.2 lens here that I have been using a bit, but I recently purchased a 50mm summilux, and cannot justify having both.

This lens is missing the front cosmetic bezel with the name 'Canon' and all the other information about the lens as you would typically find. It probably came off sometime in the past 50 or so years since it's construction.

There is a little of the typical separation between the lens and the barrel in the glue (looks like bubbles on the sides of the lens elements). This is somewhat common on these lenses, but this one is not a bad example. It doesn't affect the image quality, and is more of a cosmetic/collectors issue; certainly not a user's issue.

Optically, the lens is in great shape. It's been well cared for and takes great images (as long as you know how to compose great images!).

Included with the lens is the relatively rare hood made specifically for the lens. Also included is a LTM to Leica M adapter and a Leica M rear lens cap. Finally, the original box for the lens is included as well.

I'd like to get $500 plus PP and S+H.

Please feel free to email or PM me.

---Michael

mjm6

Per a few requests, here are a few photos of the 'Schneideritis' as some people call it...

---Michael

mjm6

Last price reduction. $400 plus s&h and PP. It goes to Ebay next if no takers at this price.

---Michael

J

Jeff Laitila

Excellent price on this sale. The lens hood alone usually goes for $100.