The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtlander 18mm Viewfinder

dannh

Bought this in anticipation while I was looking for a Zeiss 18mm ZM. Ended up finding the lens bundled with a Zeiss finder...don't really need two 18mm finders. Quality-wise, the 2 finders are very similar.

Note, this is a 12mm Finder originally made for an Epson RD-1, which had a 1.5x crop factor. 12mm x 1.5 = 18mm voila. I've compared the frame-lines with the 18 ZM and a leica 18 and they match up, at least to my eye. The condition of this Finder is excellent, I mounted it a couple times but never actually used it outside of my house.

$225 net to me. A low price alternative to the Zeiss finder ($420 new) or Leica ($760). I have 100% positive feedback on ebay under the name dhuntsin. I have also bought a few items here.

Pictures: