The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Rode VideoMic Directional Shotgun Mic w/Mount, New

markwon

I purchased this mic from Amazon along with the GH1 for video purposes but never got around to using it. Read the reviews on Amazon and elswhere and you will find that this is a highly praised mic among indy videographers and filmmakers. Perfect for times when you are recording at a distance, such as events and special occasions. I just don't have a need for it since I sold the GH1 and the E-P2 doesn't have an external mic input.

EXTRA: I will also include the mini-plug adapter ($15) which I purchased for the GH1 as well as a new 9v battery. It will be a perfect addition to your video camera or DSLR w/video capabilities.

Retails for $129.

Price: $90 shipped/paypalled. cont. US

sample photo from Amazon:

ITEM DESCRIPTION:
Product Description
Amazon.com Product Description
The RØDE VideoMic is a professional grade shotgun microphone. Based on the latest 'Film industry' technology, the VideoMic is designed specifically for use with high quality Digital Video Cameras.

Designed specifically for use with high quality Digital Video Cameras. Click to enlarge.

Attaches to most camcorders and utilizes stereo mini jack audio output.

View frequency response and polar pattern. Click to enlarge.

Enjoy studio recording quality with pro features like integrated shockmounting, a two-step high-pass filter (flat or 80Hz), and a three-stap pad (0, -10, -20dB).

The microphone exhibits low noise and an unusually wide bandwidth for its size. It is ultra lightweight, yet rugged due to its ABS construction. The VideoMic is powered by a standard 9V battery and offers a Low Battery LED status indicator.

Integrated shock-mounting and the switchable high-pass filter reduce unwanted low frequency rumble, and a windshield is also included.

The VideoMic attaches to any Camcorder that has the standard camera-shoe fitting and utilizes a stereo mini jack for audio output.

VideoMic Specs
Power: 9V battery powered
Acoustic Principle: Line gradient
Directional Pattern: Super Cardioid
Frequency range: 40Hz-20kHz, selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB/octave
Output impedance: 200 Ohms
Signal noise ratio: 74 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
Equivalent noise: 20 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KOhm load)
Sensitivity: -38 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Weight: 176gm
Dimensions: 65mmH x 250mmW x 102mmD
One Year Warranty
All RØDE products are warranted for one year from date of purchase (extendable through online registration).

What's in the Box
RØDE VideoMic and Shockmount, Windscreen

Product Description
The RODE VideoMic is a professional grade shotgun microphone. Based on the latest Film industry technology, the VideoMic is designed specifically for use with high quality digital video cameras. The microphone exhibits low noise and an unusually wide bandwidth for its size. It is ultra lightweight, yet rugged, due to it's ABS construction. The VideoMic is powered by a standard 9 V battery and offers a low battery LED status indicator and a switchable high pass filter to reduce unwanted low frequency rumble. The VideoMic attaches to any camcorder that has the standard camera-shoe fitting and utilizes a stereo mini jack for audio output.

Last edited: