The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: CONUS Dell XPS 1640 w/RGD-LED H-Def Screen

frank2001

Dell XPS 1640 with the Optional Full Hi Definition 16" edge to edge LED RGB Screen* Loaded! (2009 Model)​

I purchased this computer because of the exceptional reviews this screen received but I miss my old Macbook and working with Aperture and iPhoto so here it is.
The Computer guy I bought it from (Original Order date 4/2009) had upgraded it to Windows 7 Ultimate and it has a lot of pre-installed software (no disks were provided to me). Since I am not going to be using Windows or these Programs any longer I see no reason to remove them unless you feel it violates some licensing or you just want it removed. If so, just let me know and I will wipe the disk clean for you and you can install what you like.
The Computer works flawlessly and is in very nice cosmetic condition. It has never left my home. The only cosmetic blemish is that the stickers on the base are worn.
Battery holds a full charge.

The first thing you’ll notice about the XPS 16 is its striking design. The lid is a tasteful combination of glossy black and silver with a wide band of genuine leather trim near the spine. The overall look is distinctive without being flashy.
Thoughtful design touches continue under the lid. The roomy keyboard has a superb feel and features a pleasant white backlight (adjustable to three brightness levels) that shows through the characters on the flat key tops. A full contingent of touch-sensitive multimedia and volume controls glow white behind a glossy strip above the function keys. The touch pad is roomy, and its buttons are responsive.

* But the real star is the 16-to-9-aspect-ratio, 16-inch screen. This 1,920x1,080 panel features next-generation RGB LED backlighting that Dell says is capable of displaying 100 percent of the available color gamut as opposed to the 40 to 60 percent available from other panels .
The screen is also noticeably bright, with a rating of 300 nits (versus 200 nits for a typical 15.4-inch laptop screen). It delivers a wide 130-degree viewing angle, making the XPS 16 suitable for sharing. It is very Nice indeed!

It is great powerfull fully loaded system for Web browsing, gaming, photo editing, watching movies and anything else!

Specs:
• Processor: P8400 2.26GHZ 3MB Core Penryn
• Screen: Liquid Crystal Display Full High Definition Red/green/blue Backlit LED 1920 x 1080 resolution (VERY NICE!)
• Disk Drive: Western Digital 320GB
• Memory: Dual In-line Memory Module 1066MHZ DDR3 2X2G total 4GB
• Battery: 56WHR 6 Cell Panasonic
• Optical Drive: Dual Layer Dvd+/-rw Hitachi Lg Data Storage Extreme

Performance System
• Graphics: ATI Mobility RADEON 3670 512MB
• Ports: 2 USB 2.0 and one powered USB/external SATA (eSATA) combo port, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs, FireWire, VGA, LAN, microphone, and two headphone jacks. ExpressCard/54 slot (holds the included Remote) and an eight-format memory-card reader.
• Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n card
• Built in web cam

You will receive:
1. Dell XPS 1640 Computer
2. Dell battery
3. Dell charger
4. Dell Remote Control

Software installed (no disks):
• Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
• MS: Office
• Google Earth Pro 4.2
• Photo Shop Elements 7.0
• Acdsee Photo manager 2009
• Roxio Media Creator 10
• McAfee Virus protection valid thru 11/10/2010

Asking Price $849.99 shipped CONUSA ONLY
Paypal we split 50/50 No “personal” payments accepted.

Last edited:

frank2001

New Macbook Pro arrives tomorrow so this one needs to go!
I'll even cover the Paypal fees.
If there are any PC users left, you'd better jump on this deal :).