The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sold: Apple iPad 16G WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar

Selling 2-3 weeks old pristine condition iPad with original apple case worth $39. Have all original packaging for iPad as well as case.

Be assured about the condition, just like an open box item you would buy from any store.

Asking Price -$499 by paypal echeck/gift. Price includes priority mail shipping.

Feedback:excellent feedback here, Fred Miranda and Canon Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

sagar

Re: FS: Apple iPad 16G WiFi

If you buy new ipad and case from store it will cost you around $635, so you save $135 and get an ipad thats as good as new

ibcj

:eek:Okay, I'm waaay off base, so I'm editing this. :eek:

Last edited:

sagar

That's right $499 price before tax. I bought it from Apple Store and it cost me $592 + $45 for Apple Case. So including taxes and case total cost of purchase from Apple store is ~ $635

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

So to clarify, you are selling a base model 16G iPad WiFi for $499, which is the exact same price as apple charges for a new one. You are then including a $39 case for no extra charge, so your total value is $39 less than new. Sales tax is not an appropriate cost factor to add in, as it is different depending on location, and some states have no sales tax.

Not price policing here, just clarifying so nobody assumes you are selling a higher valued iPad than the basic model.

Cheers and good luck with your sale,

tom in mpls

Then the retail price for this one is $499, so I don't understand you claim that it sells for $635 at the Apple store. Including case it would be $538 or so (plus any taxes).

Oops Jack beat me to this one.

sagar

I paid $592 at Apple Store and I am selling it for $499

I am not trying to earn something here, I know I can sell it at higher price on ebay but thats not my intention. I bought GF1+Leica 45mm lens on this very forum 2-3 days back, so offloading ipad to adjust funds that's it. Don't put me in interrogation box please :)

Last edited:

tom in mpls

Just a second here. These numbers still don't work. Including local taxes, a $499 item cost you $592? Do you really pay 18% sales tax??

sagar

Tom, Why are you assuming you know taxes in each and every state? Please visit or call Schaumburg Apple Store and ask the net price for ipad and case yourself.

Mods
I am not interested wasting my time in such interrogations when I have such great dealings including macbook sale to Guy and other recent deals. As earlier deals, I had put everything in black and white.

Please delete the thread if you want

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

No need to get annoyed. The issue was clarity -- the way you were wording your original ad made it sound like possibly you were selling some other more valuable model than the base model. All we were looking for is clarity, and now we have that.

Carry on and again, good luck with your sale!

tom in mpls

If anything is annoying, I would think that it is your claim that you are offering your item for a $135 savings. I thought about buying your item, as it is a fairly small but real discount. However, I would be saving nowhere near your claimed $135.

Also, we all are faced with the problem that we are not going to get what we paid for our items when new. Buyers, however, don't give a rip what I paid; they are only concerned with the current price I offer.

To summarize: you are offering a good item at a reasonable price, but not a $135 discount. Good luck with the sale and I have every reason to believe your buyer will be fully satisfied.

I know some local taxes are quite onerous. Is your tax in Chicago really 18%? That is awful.

Last edited:
D

DougDolde

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.