The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss ZM Distagon 18/f4 – CODED!!!!!

2x2

I am selling my wonderful Zeiss ZM Distagon 18mm/f4 lens. This is an absolute BEAUTY of a lens. Rarely used, yet one of my all time favourite lenses. Just love its 3D effect.
The lens is in mint, like new condition and comes in its original box.

HERE'S THE BEST PART: This Zeiss lens is CODED!!!

The recesses have been professionally machined into the mount by John Milich in NY. (For an additional cost of $100!)
It is not only the best and cleanest way to do the coding, it is permanent in opposite to just using a sharpie for the job.

The color I used is nail polish which can be easily removed.

For use on a M8 I recommend coding it like a Tri-Elmar. For the M9 I suggest to code it like a 21/f2.8 pre-asph to avoid any red fringing.
This is also how the lens is currently coded. Works like a charm.

I am selling for $1050.
Price is firm. I accept paypal. Shipping is additional but i don't think it will be more than $35 (North America).

For anybody interested in using this stunning lens on the M8, I'm selling also the necessary viewfinder that goes with it, a Zeiss Ikon 25/28mm in mint condition. Please look for my ad.
Buying both items at the same time will save on shipping!

PS: Reason for selling is I am about to purchase another lens. Since I also have a 21 Elmarit I decided to part with this stunning lens to soften the blow a little.

Last edited:

daveproctor

I had one of these beauties on an M8 and it was simply stunning!!! A huge amount of lens for the cash and perfect coded

Double Negative

Not Available
I have one myself. While I don't use it as often as the others, it's a phenomenal lens indeed... Very sharp, "very Zeiss."

If I may tease the potential buyers a little... Shot out of the top of a BMW Z4 while cruising Letchworth State Park in upstate New York:

Double Negative

Not Available
Agreed! What settings were you set at?
ISO 160, 1/60s @ f/11.

I was on my way out of the park after shooting the M8 and Mamiya 7II all day. I happened to have the camera on the passenger seat (since there's really nowhere else to put the bag except in the trunk, heh) and just held it over the windshield. :)

2x2

I know. Loved it.
Need to raise some funds for a 28 Summicron. Besides my 28 Elmarit something else had to go. Since I also have a 21 Elmarit the axe came down for the Zeiss.

Lloyd

I know. Loved it.
Need to raise some funds for a 28 Summicron. Besides my 28 Elmarit something else had to go. Since I also have a 21 Elmarit the axe came down for the Zeiss.
Yes, choices and priorities. Looking forward to seeing some results soon. :thumbup: